Error messageThe start time of the group ride is in the past.
Lynnwood Loops: Paine Field
If you are new, please read our newcomer information.
Come join us for a Lynnwood Loops ride!
This week we will be going to Paine Field and back. The ride was canceled earlier this month due to inclement weather.
We meet at the Lynnwood Transit Center, in the south-east corner by the Interurban Trail [NOTE: the trail is currently closed south of the transit center due to construction]. If it's your first time at Lynnwood TC, there is a second area SE of the bus area. Please check the map for exact location. If you are familiar with the NERD series, these rides will be familiar.
Riders should be prepared for the published route, including distance, elevation, and pace speed. We will regroup at the top of long climbs for a reasonable amount of time, but if a rider frequently makes the group wait, they may be asked to turn back. Riders should also know how to use their GPS device (or read a cue sheet), change a flat (and have the requisite equipment), and have a positive attitude! Prior to arriving, please load the route into your GPS device or print a cue sheet (see link below). We will not be stopping to wait for mechanical failures so having a copy of the route is strongly recommended.
- Helmets are required.
- Riders should be ready to ride 15 minutes before start time to listen to the safety talk. We aim to roll promptly at the published time.
- Pace speed is a guideline for flat, level terrain. Climb speed will likely be lower than pace speed, descent speed will likely be higher.
- There is a water fountain at ride start near the Interurban Trail. Riders are encouraged to bring their own water and snacks.
- There is a single restroom open during the week, but generally locked on weekends. If the restroom is open, it is often occupied. If you do need it, be sure to arrive with extra time to wait for it to be vacant.
- PLEASE pre-register ahead of time if you plan to ride with us so we can recruit additional ride leaders as necessary. Registration is not required, but would be MUCH appreciated. If you have a Cascade account you can sign the e-waiver on the CBC website to speed things up at the ride start. To do this, click on the red "Register Now" button above and follow the prompts.
In case of inclement weather, the ride leader will post a cancellation notice in the comments 2 hours prior to the ride time and will not be at the ride start.