Error messageThe start time of the group ride is in the past.
Saturday Morning Rides in Snohomish County (Steady, Moderate, Brisk)
If you are new, please read our newcomer information.
Come and join us each Saturday morning in October, November and December for a ride. Stay fit, and enjoy the beauty and interesting sights in Snohomish County! The routes are about 40 miles each week. The steady and moderate paces ride a little less and the brisk pace rides a little more so that all have an equal ride effort.
Directions to the start: Take exit #183 from I-5. Head west for 0.2 miles. Turn right onto Ash Way for 0.2 miles. At the traffic light, turn right into the Ash Way P&R. We will meet in the parking lot immediately to your right.
This week: The routes starts with an easy warm up. We will have a brief restroom stop at mile 5.5 and then head down into the Snohomish Valley. Enjoy views of the Cascade mountain range and Mt Baker. We end up at the northern tip of Everett for a photo-op moment at Legion Park of Jetty Island and the Pudget Sound. We will ride along the tidal-flats, pass a really old ship that needs fixing and enjoy a rest stop at Seas the Day Cafe at mile 23. There are public restrooms next door in the Waterfront Center. We continue south, pass the Navel Station and then get toasty with a bit of climbing. The brisk pace will pass the Stockpot/Campbell Soup factory. Everett is known for Boeing, and we'll pass right along those big planes and Paine Field, the airport next to it. A few urban roads and then we are back to the start!
Steady/Moderate route: 38 miles with 1,829 ft of elevation (per RWGPS)
Brisk route: 41.1 miles with 2,303 ft of elevation (per RWGPS)
- Please be ready to ride at least 10 minutes before the start of the ride to check off your name or sign the waiver and be part of the safety briefing.
- If the roads are wet or there is rain in the forecast, please respect the rider behind you by having fenders that cover your tire to about 2 inches from the ground.
- Riders have to be independent when they have a flat and/or mechanical. Bring a charged cellphone if possible.
- Cue sheets are not provided at the start; print your own copy.
- Your registration on this website is appreciated. Use the REGISTER button at the top of this page. You don't need to be a member of the club, but you do have to create an account.
- Steady rain or other unsafe conditions cancels the ride. If the ride is canceled, it will be posted by 07:00 am in the comment section below. In that case the ride leaders will not be at the start.
Check the links below. You'll find links to the routes for this week, a link with information for new riders to the club, for bringing a minor or for becoming a ride leaders.