Welcome to Cascade's Free Daily Rides program, organized and led by volunteers. We hope you have an enjoyable and safe cycling experience, and find rides that suit your riding style and fitness level.
If you have questions about a ride, contact the ride leader, whose contact information is on the ride posting. Unsure about what pace to select? Read up on our rides classifications to determine what pace to select for your ability.
If you have comments/feedback about the Free Group Rides Program please contact the Rides and Outreach Director.
You are responsible for your own decisions on the ride. To ensure your safety and that of others however, we do have some expectations of ride participants as follows:
- Follow the Ride SMART briefing.
- Cyclists are required to wear a helmet correctly adjusted.
- Participants must sign a waiver including an emergency and/or home phone number.
- Riders must cycle in a legal, safe and courteous manner. Never ride with earphones or earbud(s). Pull off and stop when using a cell phone.
- Participants should carry a pump, spare tube, patch kit and money and know how to fix their own flats. Don't know how to fix a flat? Sign up for one of our basic bike maintenance classes.
- Plan to arrive at least ten minutes before the start time with their bicycle ready to ride. This allows time to sign the waiver, listen to route instructions, meet the leader and look at the map if available.
- For the group's enjoyment as well as your own, choose a ride at the pace and distance that matches your current ability.
- Not every ride stays together. Some rides provide maps and cue sheets while others do not. The Rides Classifications page explains the variable details that are listed for a daily ride.
All participants are expected to be personally responsible for his/her own conduct and decisions while on a Cascade ride.