High Performance Cycling 2017 Kick-off Meeting
Since 2008, Cascade's High Performance Cycling Team (aka “HPC”) has occupied a special niche within Seattle’s cycling community by providing a team environment for cyclists who are interested in developing their fitness and cycling skills. HPC is a team for fitter, faster cyclists who don’t focus on racing, and is well-regarded as a team that rides hard while practicing safe group-riding skills. HPC has over 100 members throughout the Puget Sound ranging in age from early 30s to late 60s. Our members target challenging event rides including the Chelan Century, Flying Wheels, STP in one day, RAMROD and the High Pass Challenge.
HPC is a perfect fit for riders who are:
- Committed to improving their fitness and cycling skills
- Comfortable with, or desire to master pace line and group riding techniques
- Looking for compatible cycling buddies who regularly do long, scenic, challenging rides;
- Able to or desire to ride at 18 mph or faster
- Capable of riding over 50 miles
2017 Season Kickoff Meeting
Saturday, Feb. 4, 5 p.m.
3950 Lind Ave SW, Renton
The 2017 kick-off presentation will include:
- An overview of Team HPC including past highlights and plans for 2017
- An overview of the team’s equipment discount program with Center Cycle
- A presentation of the team kit (a team kit order will close approximately 10 days after the team meeting.)
- Pizza and soft drinks
- A special drawing for prizes 25 percent off of any one item from Center Cycle
For 2017 there are no team dues, but Cascade Membership is required. Members must purchase a team jersey to wear on group rides. Our gear and equipment sponsor, Center Cycle, is a Specialized and Giant dealership, and is the largest bicycle shop in Washington state.
The day after the meeting, join us for a Meet the Team Ride on Sunday Feb. 5 at 9 a.m., starting at the west side of the I-90 bike tunnel in Sam Smith Park. Check the Cascade’s Free Group Rides calendar for more details. Rain showers will cancel this ride.
The team has a close relationship with Cycle University (aka Cycle U) as our fitness-training partner. HPC team members get discounts on ICE classes (space permitting), and the team has the use of Cycle U’s spin class facilities for weekly member-only spin sessions October through March. Tom Meloy, the team’s founder and co-manager is a Cycle U coach.
Learn more about the High Performance Cycling Team.