Error messageThe start time of the group ride is in the past.
North End Rides Before Dark Series (NERDS) - (Steady/Moderate/Brisk)
If you are new, please read our newcomer information.
These Thursday rides, ranging from 20 to 30 miles, are intended to maintain strength and speed for longer weekend rides. Multiple paces are offered: Steady (12-14 mph), Moderate (14-16 mph) and Brisk (16-18 mph).
We meet at the southeast corner of the Lynnwood Transit Center near the Interurban Trail. (Just stay on the road off of 200th Street SW into the transit center until it ends after passing under I-5 transit ramp). Please, check the map for the exact location.
Please, register online before the ride by using the red Register Now icon near the top of this page. Doing so makes signing in at the ride start more efficient and lets us be certain that we have enough Ride Leaders for all pace groups. If you decide not to ride and have registered in advance, it is not a problem.
- We will regroup at the top of long climbs for a reasonable amount of time, but if a rider frequently makes the group wait, they may be asked to wait for the next pace group to arrive. Riders should also know how to read a cue sheet, change a flat and have the equipment to do so. Please print a cue sheet or load the route into a GPS device. We will not be stopping to wait for flats or mechanical failures so having a cue sheet and cell phone are strongly recommended.
- Riders should be ready to ride 20 minutes before start time, and we roll promptly at 6 p.m. to make the most of the daylight.
- There is a water fountain at ride start, and a single restroom open during the week. The restroom is often occupied. If you do need it, be sure to arrive with extra time to wait for it to be vacant.
- Front and rear lights are recommended. The routes are designed to be completed around sunset but riders should be prepared in case of unforeseeable delay. Riders who do not have lights may be turned away for safety. Steady pace might shorten the route to be finished in daylight.
- We will limit speed to posted limits on multi-use paths.
- Bring a spare tube and tools to fix a flat, just in case. Please have full fenders if the roads are wet, or you may be asked to ride at the rear of the group.
Note: If weather conditions meet the weather cancellation criterion listed above or if there are unforeseen hazardous riding conditions, the Ride Leader will post a ride-canceled note in the Comments section below at least two hours prior to the start and Ride Leader(s) will not be at the start location.
We hope you can join us!
Registrations so far...