Error messageThe start time of the group ride is in the past.
Tuesday North End After Dark Ride--Brisk
If you are new, please read our newcomer information.
We meet at the Lynnwood Transit Center, in the SE corner by the Interurban Trail. If it's your first time at Lynnwood TC, there is a second area SE of the bus area. Please check the map above for exact location. The series offers midweek training rides, 20-25 miles long, to keep up strength for the longer weekend rides and to help maintain cycling fitness during the winter months. We will be riding a Brisk pace of about 16-18 mph on flat level ground.
We will regroup at the top of long climbs for a 1-2 minutes, but if a rider is significantly off the group pace, come prepared to finish the ride on your own. Riders should also know how to read a cue sheet, change a flat (and have the requisite equipment--tire irons, new tube and/or patch kit), and have a positive attitude!
Please print a cue sheet or load the route into a GPS device. We will not be stopping to wait for mechanical failures so having a cue sheet is strongly recommended.
- Riders should be ready to ride 15 minutes before start time, and we roll promptly at 6pm.
- FRONT AND REAR LIGHTS ARE MANDATORY!!! Riders who do not have lights will be turned away for safety.
- LONG-TAIL FENDERS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED (the second link shows what these are -- it's offered as a sample, not a product endorsement)! Riders without this equipment will be asked to ride at the rear of the group.
- Bring or wear rain gear/clothing that cars can easily see too as we will be riding when it is wet (but at the lower end of the posted paces).
- PLEASE RSVP ahead of time so we can recruit additional ride leaders as necessary and for quick sign-in at the ride start. RSVP not required, but would be MUCH appreciated.To do this, sign into your Cascade account and click the "Register Now" button at the top of the page.
- MINORS riding -- under 16 years old, needs to have a parent riding in the group with them and 16-18 years old, parent needs to fill out/sign/provide the Ride Leader with a waiver that can be found on the Cascade website.
In case of inclement weather (steady rain), the ride leader will post a cancellation notice in the comments by 4pm day of the ride and will not be at the ride start
Registrations so far...