Cascade Bicycle Club Waiver and Release
In consideration of my registration to bicycle in a Cascade Bicycle Club event or my participation in any event, class or daily ride, I hereby agree and acknowledge the following, which includes a release of liability, which will apply to all of my participation in all Cascade Bicycle Club events, classes and daily rides, including any such activities of WA Bikes (individually an “Event,” and collectively “Events”):
1. In consideration of the acceptance of this entry and by signing this Release for myself (or for the participant if the participant is under 18) I agree to RELEASE, HOLD HARMLESS, and INDEMNIFY Cascade Bicycle Club and all its sponsors, their respective officers, agents, members, employees and volunteers and any and all Countries, States, Departments of Transportation, State Patrols, Counties, Townships and Cities through which this Event may pass, and any other parties connected with this bicycle event including but not limited to elected and appointed officials and their employees for any injury, loss or damage suffered as a result of participation in this bicycle event or any activity associated with it, including injury, loss or damage caused by the NEGLIGENCE of any party.
2. I understand that there are certain risks associated with bicycle riding, including the risk of serious personal injury or death, and I expressly agree to assume these risks. I understand the route chosen may be challenging, not necessarily the safest or easiest route, and that weather, road or traffic conditions may make this ride more difficult. I warrant that I am in proper physical condition to participate in this event, that I am a sufficiently competent cyclist to handle the road conditions, and that my bicycle is in safe operating condition.
3. I understand that wearing a helmet that meets the CPSC, SNELL, ASTM or ANSI bicycle safety standards can minimize head injuries which may occur in a cycling accident, and that Cascade Bicycle Club requires all riders to wear helmets. I agree to wear a helmet while participating in this event and to follow the rules of the road and all applicable laws and safe bicycling practices. It is my sole responsibility to insure that my helmet meets CPSC, SNELL, ASTM or ANSI standards and to wear my helmet while participating in this event.
4. I understand that the registration is transferable only by following Cascade procedures outlined online at https://cascade.org/rides/major-rides-transfer-policy.
5. I give permission to Cascade Bicycle Club to use my image in any future Club materials should it appear in photos taken during this Event.
6. I understand that this Release is also binding on my heirs and representatives. If I am signing on behalf of a minor, I accept full responsibility for all medical expenses incurred as a result of the minor’s participation. I agree to HOLD HARMLESS and INDEMNIFY the entities named above for any claims brought on behalf of the minor.
7. By registering, I agree to read and familiarize myself with the information in the registration materials and follow the procedures and rules. I will fill out credit card information or include check or money order (US Funds) payable to Cascade Bicycle Club.
8. Any legal action that may arise from my participation in this event will be handled in the state of Washington according to Washington state law.
9. Cascade Bicycle Club reserves the right to remove any participating rider from this event if said rider is deemed by an authorized Club agent to be endangering him/herself or other participants, or is riding illegally as defined by Washington state traffic law. Notwithstanding this clause, Cascade Bicycle Club is not responsible for cyclists not removed from the event for these or any other reason(s) and this clause shall in no way supersede, exempt participants from or otherwise nullify any other clause in this release agreement.
10. I understand that Cascade Bicycle Club and all its sponsors, respective officers, volunteers and agents are not responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged luggage. Participants are advised not to pack any valuables or breakable items in their luggage.
11. The Cascade Bicycle Club will not be responsible for any delay, interruption or other failure to perform, and may cancel any event in the case of a circumstance beyond its reasonable control. Such circumstances include such as, but are not limited to, an Act of God (for example, flood, earthquake, volcanic eruption, etc), war, riot or other civil disturbance, fire, epidemic, explosion, terrorist activity, sabotage, compliance with government requests, orders, or regulations, inability to deploy necessary equipment or volunteers, roadway or trail closures or construction, dangerous or impassable roadway or trail conditions, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Cascade Bicycle Club. The executive director and the board will be the sole decision makers as to what, if any, refund or other accommodation will be made in the event of cancellation of an event. It is possible that an event will be cancelled without any refund or accommodation.
I pledge to ride safely and courteously and obey all vehicle traffic laws while riding this Cascade Bicycle Club event.
Addendum to waiver and release for minor participants
Parent or legal guardian must sign for, accompany, and be responsible for all persons under the age of 18; minors ages 16-17 may be unaccompanied with this signed consent form AND 24-hour advance permission of the ride leader or other authorized Cascade official.
I authorize emergency medical treatment for the minor registering and I accept full responsibility for all medical expenses incurred as a result of the minor’s participation in any Event. I hereby RELEASE from any liability, and agree to HOLD HARMLESS and INDEMNIFY Cascade Bicycle Club, WA Bikes, their officers, agents, successors and assigns, the sponsors, the ride leader(s) (if any), or other volunteers from any claims brought by me, another parent, grandparent, relative, or legal guardian for liability, including injury, loss or damage caused by the negligence, unintentional acts, and acts of omission of any party, and any loss or expense, which may arise from the minor’s participation in any Event. I hereby further agree to INDEMNIFY Cascade Bicycle Club, WA Bikes, their officers, agents, successors and assigns, the sponsors, the ride leader(s) (if any), and other volunteers from any future claim of liability by the minor named below.
I further state that I am of lawful age, a parent or legal guardian of the minor authorized to sign this waiver & release and this Addendum and legally competent to sign this waiver & release and Addendum. I understand that the terms of this document are contractual and not a mere recital, and I have signed this document as my own free act.
I AGREE I HAVE FULLY INFORMED MYSELF OF THE CONTENTS OF THIS WAIVER & RELEASE AND ADDENDUM BY READING IT AND AGREE TO ITS TERMS