Take a leap from urban to serene on new bike loop
Guest blog from Visit Kent, the official tourism program of Kent, promoting undiscovered and unexpected experiences in the Seattle suburb
If you're still in the market for some great summer riding, (and there's still plenty of time!) you might be interested in a new 9-mile "flat and fast" trail loop recently opened in Kent.
As part of the scenic, user-friendly Kent Valley Loop Trails (KVLT) system, the Frog Loop is one of five multi-use trail loops offering mostly flat, paved trails with fantastic views of Mt. Rainier and the Green River Valley. With connections to several parks, downtown, Airways Brewing and other attractions, this trail system offers something for everyone—from seasoned cyclers, to carefree cruisers and the training-wheel set. Feeling zealous? Bike all five loops and you will complete a 40-mile journey not for the faint of heart.
Each distinct loop offers riders a unique experience and varying distances:
- Rabbit (short): this 1.6-mile excursion offers scenic views along the banks of the Green River
- Heron (short): if you are lucky, you may catch a glimpse of this loops namesake looking for a snack along this 4.5-mile route
- Frog (medium–NOW OPEN!): this 9-mile loop allows cyclists to experience the serenity of the Green River Trail and the urban appeal of the Interurban Trail. Riders in need of a break will find an array of options at Alki Bakery
- Salmon (long): this 13-mile loop features views of agricultural fields, parks and golf courses that offer places to rest and enjoy the scenery
- Eagle (long): Soaring through it all, the 13-mile Eagle Loop treats riders to a view of Mt. Rainier that’s not to be missed. Riders seeking to extend the experience can incorporate a connection which provides an easy stop at Macrina Bakery for coffee and freshly baked goods
If you experience any technical difficulties along the way, don’t worry. The Bicycle Fixer offers mobile bike repair to keep you rolling.
There's still plenty of summer left, so get out there and enjoy some summer riding! See you on the trail.
Feed your adventurous spirit in Kent. With miles and miles of biking trails, and dozens of multi-use parks and urban forests, Kent offers many opportunities to explore the great outdoors. Check out Kent’s travel blog, chalk full of fun experiences. You can follow on Instagram @visitkentwa.