Starting in 2019, Cascade will no longer be offering refunds for any event registrations or related items. We are working with an outside event insurance company to provide better service and more value options for our riders. In the event that a rider cannot attend an event, but they did not purchase the optional insurance, they may transfer or defer their registration.
All events and rides hosted by the Cascade Bicycle Club raise funding for our non-profit and for local communities. Proceeds support our education, programming like our Free Group Rides, and our local and statewide policy work. These world-class events help Cascade Bicycle Club improve lives through biking, by teaching the joys of cycling, and advocating for safe places to ride.
We are mission focused here at Cascade, and we continue to make as many alternatives available to our riders as possible. We have researched standards and reflected on our values; compared to the event industry we believe our registration policies are balanced and generous. We try our hardest to be fair, while we ask our participants to remember we are a non-profit organization with a great mission.
We currently offer transfers and deferrals (excepting RAW, tours, and the 2019 Tunnel Ride), because we rely on event funding to continue our mission. This is the standard for the event industry, and we offer it for a few reasons. We have commitments and contracts to honor, and we need to ensure our organization is here every year, to continue advocating for riders and putting on the best events in the country. Thanks for your support and understanding.
- Registrations are transferable, meaning registration can be transferred to another rider for a 10 dollar processing fee following Cascade procedure, until online registration closes before the event (usually about a week prior).
- Gift Registrations, like tickets or other gift cards, are not eligible for refunds.
- Riders are provided the option to purchase ride insurance for every major ride. In the event that a rider needs a refund, all requests will be routed through that system.
- Thanks to our apparel vendor, event merchandise is 100% refundable. If you have already received merchandise, please return it in good condition to Kotis Designs. You may receive details by emailing email@example.com.
- Both the Cascade Season Pass and the Summer Fun Pass are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- See the Classes and Camps section for the cancellation fee.
- See the Membership section for details regarding membership fees.
How to request a transfer:
Transfers allow riders to give a paid registration to another rider. Transfers are only valid if completed through the Cascade Bicycle Club transfer process, outlined by the Transfer Policy Page. Please read and understand the policy fully before committing to the transfer process.
The sale of a transfer code is considered a private transaction, and the Cascade Bicycle Club is not responsible for any issues as such.
How to request a Deferral:
- Sign In to your online account
- Click "My Account" in the blue bar (top-right corner)
- Locate the activity in question (here you will see all upcoming rides/tours you have purchased)
- Click the "My Order" (across to the right of the applicable ride/tour)
- Click "Request Deferral" link (across to the right of the applicable registration or add-on line item)
- Click the red "Request Deferral" box to complete the submission
- You will receive a deferral request confirmation in an automated email
Key Major ride deferral and transfer dates
Up to 30 days before the ride or event, a registered rider may transfer their registration and cancel “add-ons” or defer the registration to the next year.
List is TBA. See last years dates for general time frames.
- Chilly Hilly: Thursday, Jan. 25, 2018, 11:59 p.m.
- Emerald City Ride: Thursday, Mar. 8, 2018, 11:59 p.m.
- Ride for Major Taylor: Thursday, Mar. 22, 2018, 11:59 p.m.
- Seattle Bike-n-Brews: Friday, April 6, 2018, 11:59 p.m.
- Flying Wheels: Wednesday, May 2, 2018, 11:59 p.m.
- Woodinville Wine Ride: Thursday, May 10, 2018, 11:59 p.m.
- Seattle Night Ride: Tuesday, May 29, 2018, 11:59 p.m.
- STP: Thursday, June 14, 2018, 11:59 p.m.
- RSVP: Tuesday, July 17, 2018, 11:59 p.m.
- High Pass Challenge: Friday, July, 27, 2018, 11:59 p.m.
- Kitsap Color Classic: Thursday, Aug. 23, 2018, 11:59 p.m.
*No transfers or deferrals will be processed after the respective deadline dates
- Cascade Training Series (CTS): 50% refund if requested before Wednesday, March 7, 2018, 30 days before series starts on Saturday, April 7, 2018.
- CTS is transferable during the refund period, though it requires two small additional fees. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and support in this regard.
Washington Bike Summit
- Prior to March 30, 2018 registration is 50% refundable. There are no refunds after March 30, 2018. To request a refund, the directions are found at the top of this page.
- After March 31, 2018, please let us know if you are unable to attend by emailing email@example.com.
If you register and then realize that you can no longer attend, you may transfer your registration over to another individual until March 30, 2018; after that we reserve the right to transfer the registration to a scholarship recipient. All you need to do to make this change is email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to take care of it for you.
Classes and Camps
Cancellations must be received at least 7 days before the class start date to receive a refund, minus a $5.00 cancellation fee. Note: A full refund is available if the class is canceled due to low enrollment.
Youth Bike Camps:
Membership dues not paid in error are a tax-deductible donation to Cascade Bicycle Club, a 501(c)3 nonprofit, and are therefore not eligible for refunds.