Starting in 2019, Cascade will no longer be offering refunds for any event registrations or related items. We highly recommend purchasing independent trip insurance, to cover the unexpected.
All events and rides hosted by the Cascade Bicycle Club raise funding for our non-profit and for local communities. Proceeds support our education, programming like our Free Group Rides, and our local and statewide policy work. These world-class events help Cascade Bicycle Club improve lives through biking, by teaching the joys of cycling, and advocating for safe places to ride. We are mission focused here at Cascade, and we continue to make as many alternatives available to our riders as possible. We have researched standards and reflected on our values; compared to the event industry we believe our registration policies are balanced and generous. We try our hardest to be fair, while we ask our participants to remember we are a non-profit organization with a great mission.
We currently offer transfers (excluding RAW and tours), because we rely on event funding to continue our mission. This is the standard for the event industry, and we offer it for a few reasons. We have commitments and contracts to honor, and we need to ensure our organization is here every year, to continue advocating for riders and putting on the best events in the country. Alternately, we offer the option to covert your registration and other registration fees including (packet mailing, bus tickets, parking passes, etc) into a donation. To request this, please email email@example.com. Provide your order number(s) and the event for which you have registered. Thanks for your support and understanding.
- Registrations are transferable, meaning registration can be transferred to another rider for a 10 dollar processing fee following Cascade procedure until online registration closes before the event (usually about a week prior).
- Gift Registrations and gift memberships are not eligible for refunds.
- The Summer Fun Pass is non-refundable and non-transferable.
How to request a transfer:
Transfers allow riders to give a paid registration to another rider. Transfers are only valid if completed through the Cascade Bicycle Club transfer process, outlined by the Transfer Policy Page. Please read and understand the policy fully before committing to the transfer process.
The sale of a transfer code is considered a private transaction, and the Cascade Bicycle Club is not responsible for any issues as such.
Key Major ride transfer dates
Up to 30 days before the ride or event, a registered rider may transfer their registration and cancel “add-ons".
- Chilly Hilly - Thursday, Jan. 24, 2019, 11:59 p.m.
- Ride for Major Taylor - Wednesday, March 20, 2019, 11:59 p.m.
- Seattle Bike-n-Brews - Friday, April 5, 2019, 11:59 p.m.
- Emerald City Ride - Friday, April 26, 2019, 11:59 p.m.
- Flying Wheels - Wednesday, May 1, 2019, 11:59 p.m.
- Woodinville Wine Ride - Thursday, May 9, 2019, 11:59 p.m.
- Seattle to Portland (STP) - Thursday, June 13, 2019, 11:59 p.m.
- Seattle Night Ride - Wednesday, June 26, 2019, 11:59 p.m.
- High Pass Challenge - Friday, July 12, 2019, 11:59 p.m.
- RSVP - Tuesday, July 23, 2019, 11:59 p.m.
- Kitsap Color Classic - Thursday, August 22, 2019, 11:59 p.m.
Refunds: event merchandise is 100% refundable. This included cycling jerseys, shorts, and t-shirts purchased with your event registration. Please read the following for clarification on how to request a refund.
Up to 30 days before the event date: a registered user can request a refund from their cascade.org online account. Please follow the instructions below:
Sign in to your cascade.org online user account > Click View (link to the right of your registration) > Click Request Refund link in relation to your merchandise line item > Fill out the Reason for Refund Request field (optional) > Click Request Refund button.
Within 30 days of the event date - a registered user must request a refund by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide your order number and the event for which you have purchased apparel merchandise.
Shipping & Handling: Please note, event apparel merchandise generally ships approximately two weeks before the respective event. Shipping and returns processing is handled by our merchandise partner, Kotis Design. Please note, your cycling apparel will arrive separately from your registration packet (if you purchased packet mailing).
Returns & Size Exchanges: If you would like to initiate a return (on received merchandise) or exchange of size, please contact Kotis Design directly. You can reach them by emailing email@example.com or calling 888-465-6847. Please provide your order number and event for reference.
Terms and conditions:*Please allow ten business days for refund processing. Once issued you will receive an automated confirmation email and the original credit card you used on the order will be credited. In the event that you have since replaced an expired/lost/stolen credit card, but your account is still active, we are able to find the newly issued card and successfully process the refund. Alternately, if the account of the original card is closed, please call the issuing credit card company to learn their policies regarding refunds to a closed account. We will not know the exact answer regarding your credit card, as it can vary. (However, in all likelihood, the issuing bank of the closed account will issue a check to you.)
tours and raw
Cascade Training Series
- Cascade Training Series (CTS): 50% refund if requested before Wednesday, March 7, 2019 30 days before series starts on Saturday, April 7, 2019.
- CTS is transferable during the refund period, though it requires two small additional fees. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and support in this regard.
Classes and Camps
Cancellations must be received at least 7 days before the class start date to receive a refund, minus a $5.00 cancellation fee. Note: A full refund is available if the class is canceled due to low enrollment.
Youth Bike Camps:
Membership dues not paid in error are not eligible for refunds.