Reminder: Ravenna Blvd resurfacing project is underway
The Seattle Department of Transportation (SDOT) is preparing to repave NE Ravenna Blvd, between E Greenlake Dr N and 15th Ave NE. Work will begin the week of March 22nd and start on the east side of NE Ravenna Blvd near Woodlawn Ave N.
Project Area and Construction Schedule
Work will be separated into two phases to minimize construction impacts to the surrounding neighborhood. Weather permitting construction will be completed by the end of the summer.
- Phase One – NE Ravenna Blvd from E Greenlake Dr N to 8th Ave NE
- Phase Two – NE Ravenna Blvd from 8th Ave NE to 15th Ave NE
Project work hours: 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., with occasional night work
The bike lane will be closed at times during construction and appropriate signage will be used to guide bicyclists through or around the work zone for the duration of the project.
A signed bike detour will be in place, directing riders north on 15thAve NE to NE 65th St, and conversely, directing riders east on NE 65th St to 15th Ave NE.
Improvements for Bicycle Travel:
- Buffered bike lane on each side of N.E. Ravenna Blvd.
- Bike-friendly drainage grates
- Bike-friendly improvements that are expected to lower motor vehicle speeds
Project Contact Information:
James Sido, Community Communications Officer, [email protected], (206) 257-2292
Paul Elliott, Project Communications Lead, (206) 684-5321, [email protected]