Advocacy Leadership Institute Application
The Summer session begins with a one week intensive with a weekend retreat and one class. The next 6 weeks participants will receive a weekly email digest of readings, events to attend and short assignments to complete. The program will end with a final class presentation and graduation.
Training Retreat Weekend: Saturday, April 9 & Sunday, April 10, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. Cascade Bicycling Center in Magnuson Park
Weekly Sessions: Wednesday, April 13 to Wednesday, May 11 from 5:30 - 8 p.m. at Vance Building in Downtown Seattle
Graduation Policy Ride & Celebration: Wednesday, May 18 Time is TBD at Crocodile
Application materials are due by Friday, March 11 at 5 p.m.
Space is limited to 20 participants, you will be notified if you've been accepted by Wednesday, March 23 at 5 p.m.
Each participant is expected:
- Share their own personal story with the class
- Join a Connect Puget Sound team or citywide campaign, like Neighbors for Vision Zero
- Participate in the weekly classes, there will be short reading assignments
- Complete a tactic during the course and present their project to the class on the final week of the program
- Supportive environment to learn more about bicycling advocacy
- Weekly readings and event listings
- The opportunity to connect with elected officials, city planners and community organizers
- Breakfast and lunch provided during the retreat
- T-shirt upon graduation
- Alumni network of ALI participants
Thanks for your interest in Cascade's Advocacy Leadership Institute. Since 2011 we've been working with inspiring bicycling advocates and enthusiasts and have helped them become effective community leaders. Please fill out the application below to the best of your ability. Please try to limit your answers to 250 words or fewer. If you have any questions, please contact Kelli Refer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cascade Bicycle Club