Cascade is a great place to work and we thank you for your interest. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. You may also be interested in finding out about becoming a volunteer at Cascade.
Interested in making a positive impact on your community? Do you bike to work or ride with your family? Have you just rediscovered your love of bicycling? Join Cascade Bicycle Club as a Bicycle Ambassador! You'll be working to increase the public awareness of the Club, bicycling programs and safety issues.
As an Ambassador, you'll:
- Attend city and county events on bicycles to educate and to spread information about safe bicycling and bicycle commuting.
- Distribute bicycling information to city residents by bike.
- Help staff summer bicycle events (bike safety rodeos for kids, fairs, community events, helmet sales), set up "Bike to Market" information tables and facilitate "Energizer Stations" to support, encourage and engage bicyclists.
- Pass feedback and knowledge gained in the field back to office staff so we can meet the community's needs.
- Recruit new Cascade Members and volunteers.
- Lead bike rides for beginners around town.
- You must have an outgoing personality, bicycling experience and willingness to initiate conversations with all kinds of people regarding safety and getting started with bicycling.
Knowledge of safe bicycling and cycling in Seattle is desirable. Training and some equipment provided. Visit the Bike Ambassadors page for more information about our program.
Details: 10 to 15 hours/weekly, must be able to work at least one weekend day and two days per week through summer.
Dates: Training in March; position runs mid-April through
To apply: Email resume and cover letter by to resume@cascadebicycleclub.