Cascade is a great place to work and we thank you for your interest. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. You may also be interested in finding out about becoming a volunteer at Cascade.
We have current openings for the following positions:
- Eastside Policy and Government Affairs Manager -- download the job posting
- Summer Bike Camp Instructors -- description below
Summer Bike Camp Instructors
Cascade Bicycle Club is seeking instructors to teach summer camps for youth age 6-15. Ideal candidates will be enthusiastic and experienced teachers with significant experience team teaching, working with youth and teaching bicycling skills. Instructors should have a history of success working with various ages (6-15 y/o) and learning styles and have an appreciation for hands-on, applied learning. In addition to specific safety and bike handling skills, the camps aim to teach critical thinking skills and encourage leadership development.
- One year of experience teaching youth, preferably more
- Ability to work successfully with various learning styles and personalities
- Demonstrated experience working with youth teaching applied, hands-on skills
- Certified by the League of American Bicyclists as an LCI (League Cycling Instructor)
- Bicycle maintenance and mechanic skills and ability to teach them
- Experience working for non-profit organizations
- Certified in first aid and CPR
- Available for curriculum and first aid training Saturday, June 14, 2014
- Available to teach several weeks between June 23 and August 29, 2014
Camp and position details
- The camps will have about a 4:1 student:instructor ratio
- Positions will be seasonal and part-time
- Positions are compensated on an hourly basis and do not include benefits
- Background checks will be required before camp instructors are hired
- Camps will be held outdoors
- Instructors will report to the Classes and Camps Coordinator
Submit a resume and cover letter to joshm(at)cascadebicycleclub.org with “Camp Instructor Application” in the subject heading. The application deadline is Friday, April 25 at 5 p.m. PST.