Cascade is a great place to work and we thank you for your interest. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. You may also be interested in finding out about becoming a volunteer at Cascade.
We have current openings for the following positions:
The Cascade Bicycle Club is hiring a Recreational Riding Director to lead a department of six people that produces the largest cycling events in the Pacific Northwest, offers more than 2,000 free group rides annually, and oversees the tours program at the Cascade Bicycle Club.
Qualifications and experience required in the job include:
- Experience setting, managing and maximizing budgets.
- Management background in a high stress/deadline environment.
- Ability to work effectively with a broad range of volunteers, staff and partners.
- Experience strategically evaluating and growing programs.
- Creativity in planning, design and execution.
- Background of empowering, supporting and working with highly functioning team.
- Other duties as assigned
This position would be best filled by an experienced recreational cyclist who understands the Cascade Bicycle Club. The person will be flexible and willing to step in with all roles as needed, and will understand the business side of non-profits and events. Honesty and integrity are required.
The Recreational Riding Team is made up of six people who produce events, offers daily group rides and oversees Cascade's tours program. A tightly knit team that has more than 50 years experience between them, this highly functioning group is a strong backbone of the Cascade Bicycle Club.
Why should you work for Cascade?
- Employer sponsored health, dental, vision and life insurance coverage!
- Matching contributions to an IRA!
- Free lunches, happy hours and ice cream socials!
- Cash incentive for commuting by bike!
- Office-wide Winter Recess between December 25th and January 1st!
- Fun, dedicated co-workers!
- Meaningful work around a noble cause!
Submit a cover letter, resume, three professional references all in a single PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention how you heard about this position. Position is open until filled.
The Cascade Bicycle Club, a strong, respected and successful organization working on bicycling advocacy, education and events in the Puget Sound Region, is hiring an Advocacy Director.
The new Advocacy Director will be a charismatic team player able to mentor and lead a successful, independent staff team of five. Bicycling is at an inflection point in the region, and the United States. We want someone who has a vision for bicycling's transformative power, and understands how Cascade's 16,000 members and history of successful advocacy can make the most of a bold commitment to bicycling from Seattle's current mayor, city council and elected officials from around the region; a bold new Bicycle Master Plan in Seattle; and Cascade's own new strategic plan.
This person will be committed to our mission and will also:
- Be a strategic leader -- in the region and within the team.
- Be an effective communicator with partners, grantees, and the public
- Be adept at building coalitions with local, regional and state stakeholders and elected officials.
- Have a track record of running successful electoral and issue campaigns.
- Offer the ability to develop and implement Cascade's regional agenda.
- Create and maintain strong network of regional connections.
- Have a vision for bicycling's transformational power.
This position would be best filled by an someone supportive of bicycling as a means of transportation and recreation for all ages and abilities. Cascade, and bicycling, is at an exciting point. We're looking for a leader to help make us take the next huge strides forward.
Submit a cover letter, resume, three professional references all in a single PDF document to email@example.com.
Please mention how you heard about this position. Position is open until filled.
Founded in 1970, the Cascade Bicycle Club is a 16,000+ member nonprofit organization based in Seattle, Washington, dedicated to creating better communities through bicycling. Cascade is a local and regional leader in producing world-class cycling events and rides, educating youth and adult cyclists, advocating for bicycle policy and infrastructure and promoting bicycle commuting. Cascade produces 13 major bicycle events and offers 2,000 free daily recreational rides annually. Cascade's sphere of influence includes health and fitness, youth development, environmental sustainability and livable communities. Cascade is directed by an elected, volunteer board and operates with 35 paid staff and hundreds of volunteers. Cascade Bicycle Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, persons of color, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Employment at Cascade is of an at-will nature.