Cascade is a great place to work and we thank you for your interest. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We currently have one open position, for Membership Manager. You may also be interested in finding out about becoming a volunteer at Cascade.
Cascade Bicycle Club has over 15,000 members and the Membership Manager will plays a crucial role in building on Cascade’s success. The Membership Manager is primarily responsible for administering the membership of Cascade Bicycle Club: individual, family and business. This position reports to the Membership and Outreach Director.
The Membership Manager maintains Cascade’s membership database, analyzes the data and reports out regularly on information learned. The Membership Manager works closely with the Communications Department to create compelling messages for all of Cascade’s member communications. The Membership Manager has relationships with Cascade members and volunteers and is able to anticipate the questions and needs of members. The Membership Manager leverages information and seize opportunities to connect, increase the value of and grow Cascade membership.
- Manage the membership community; optimize recruitment and retention
- Track, report and analyze membership data
- Manage member communications
- Database maintenance in regards to members and users, i.e. merging records
- Create, update and delete user records as it pertains to memberships and household accounts
- Create custom reports for member data, including how members are engaged with other programs and purchases
- Evaluate and manage all membership processes and materials, from renewal notices, to troubleshooting issues and conducting surveys
- Connect to and leverage membership opportunities throughout Cascade’s functions
- Manage and grow the business membership program
- Manage and grow the bicycle shop partnership program
Skills and Education:
- 3-5 years experience in data management
- 3-5 years experience in membership programs
- Excellent organizational and management skills, comfortable in a fast-paced and varied environment, capable of managing concurrent projects
- Strong computer skills and database proficiency in CRMs required, experience in database transitions preferred
- Meticulous attention to detail and excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Willingness to take on other duties and projects as assigned to support the Membership and Outreach team efforts
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to evaluate complex technical documents and explain in non-technical terms
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Keen interest in cycling a plus!
- Full-time, salaried position with frequent evening and weekend work required
- Reports to and is supervised by Membership and Outreach Director
- Annual performance reviews
- Monetary compensation commensurate with qualifications and experience
Why should you work for Cascade?
- Employer sponsored health, dental, vision and life insurance coverage
- Matching contributions to an IRA
- Complimentary staff lunches, happy hours and socials
- Monetary incentive for bike commuting
- Office-wide Winter Recess from December 25 to January 1
- Complimentary staff entry and guest pass on all Cascade rides
- Fun and dedicated staff
- Meaningful work around a noble cause
Submit a resume and cover letter stating why you should be considered for the position to: email@example.com with "Membership Manager" in the subject line.
Please apply by Wednesday, Oct. 22, 2014 to be considered in the first review.
Position is open until filled.
Founded in 1970, the Cascade Bicycle Club is a 16,000+ member nonprofit organization based in Seattle, Washington, dedicated to creating better communities through bicycling. Cascade is a local and regional leader in producing world-class cycling events and rides, educating youth and adult cyclists, advocating for bicycle policy and infrastructure and promoting bicycle commuting. Cascade produces 13 major bicycle events and offers 2,000 free daily recreational rides annually. Cascade's sphere of influence includes health and fitness, youth development, environmental sustainability and livable communities. Cascade is directed by an elected, volunteer board and operates with 35 paid staff and hundreds of volunteers. Cascade Bicycle Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, persons of color, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Employment at Cascade is of an at-will nature.