DIY Community Event Toolkit
Cascade Bicycle Club is rolling out an all-star line-up of events and activities for Bike Month. Now it's your turn! We invite communities, companies, and individuals to produce your own Bike Month event.
1. Craft a creative concept
- Ride with the CEO
- Ride with your elected official
- Neighborhood bike-ability audit
- Themed costume ride
- Kid-ical Mass neighborhood ride
- Please feed the bicyclists (free breakfast or lunch at work)
- Bicycle fashion show
- Kids bicycle rodeo
- Bicycle Happy Hour
- Flash mobs
- Bike scavenger hunt
- Full moon midnight alley cat ride
- Bicycle film night
Random Acts of Bikie-ness
- Group photos
- Hand out flowers to passing cyclists
- Post thank you notes on parked bicycles
2. Nail down the logistics.
- Where: Find a convenient location for your event. Some events that use public space may require a permit.
- When: Chose a day and time that will ensure a good turn-out among your target audience.
3. Promote your event
- Let us know. We’ll post it on our online calendar. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Go online: Work intranet, neighborhood blog, Facebook, etc.
4. Share your story!
- We want to hear about your great event, and share it with others. Take photos or make a video. Tally attendance. Claim victory. Document hilarity.
Some great examples of fun from around the region: