Cascade is a great place to work, intern and volunteer. We thank you for your interest. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
Internships & volunteering:
- For upcoming volunteer opportunities, visit cascade.org/volunteer.
The Fleet Coordinator is part of Cascade’s Education Department and supports all of the school- and community-based education programs of Cascade Bicycle Club. The Fleet Coordinator will have experience safely driving, backing and parking a 16-foot trailer; advanced bicycle maintenance skills; and proven success coordinating logistics. The Fleet Coordinator is a full-time position that reports to the School-Based Programs Manager.
- Establish and execute transportation plans for program bicycle fleets
- Maintain bike storage areas and Cascade’s new Fix-it Garage
- Perform bicycle maintenance as required by the programs
- Coordinate and host volunteer maintenance parties for the bicycle fleets
- Manage tools and parts inventories
- Work with the Office Coordinator to ensure proper maintenance of vans and trailers
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Some evening and weekend work is required
- Experience safely driving a 12-passenger van with a trailer, including complex backing and parking maneuvers
- 1+ year of bicycle fleet management is preferred. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and handle a variety of different tasks to support the organization as a whole
- Demonstrated ability to perform advanced bicycle maintenance
- Experience teaching bicycle mechanics is desired
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with employees in different roles and with varying skill sets
- A proactive approach to problem solving
- An interest in and commitment to Cascade Bicycle Club’s mission
- Excellent planning and organizational skills and high level attention to detail
- Ability to operate a desktop computer, including word processing and spreadsheet
- Ability to pass a background check
THE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
The Education Department is a nine-person team with seven full-time staff members and two AmeriCorps interns, with representation on the Senior Leadership Team. Cascade’s Education efforts will encourage people to become lifelong cyclists by reaching them at all stages of life. We will continue to be the trusted source for bicycle education in the region. Our education programs serve people of all ages in a wide variety of neighborhoods, with a focus on youth leadership development. We commit to a deep and community-driven approach.
Why should you work for Cascade?
- Employer sponsored health, dental, vision and life insurance coverage
- Matching contributions to a retirement account
- Beautiful office on the shores of Lake Washington with easy access to the Burke-Gilman Trail.
- Cash incentive for commuting by bike
- Office-wide winter recess between December 25 and January 1
- Free entry and guest pass on most Cascade rides
- Fun and passionate co-workers
- Meaningful work making the state of Washington a better place for bicycling
Submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references all in a single PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, March 1 at 5 p.m. Please mention how you heard about this position.
Cascade Bicycle Club, the nation’s largest statewide bicycle nonprofit, is 15,000-members and 36-staff strong, and serves bike riders of all ages and abilities throughout the state of Washington. With a mission to improve lives through bicycling, we teach the joys of bicycling, advocate for safe place to ride, and produce world-class rides and events. Our signature programs include the Seattle to Portland, Connect Puget Sound, Free Group Rides, Basics of Bicycling and the Major Taylor Project. Learn more at cascade.org.
Cascade Bicycle Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, persons of color, individuals with disabilities, and residents of the communities we serve are strongly encouraged to apply. Employment at Cascade is of an at-will nature.