About the ride
How hilly is it?
Here's a look at the elevation profile:
Route map & cue sheet
- Chilly Hilly 2014 route map - Route map.pdf
Chilly Hilly 2014 route tick sheet - Map tick sheet.pdf
- Chilly Hilly 2014 route on Garmin Connect
NEW food stop
Enjoy free baked goods, fruits and snacks at the Island Center Hall. Operated by the Island Girl Scouts, from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., you do not want to miss this stop!
Finish line festival
Baked goods, hot drinks and warm chili will be sold to benefit local Bainbridge Island charities. Open from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
T-shirts, sweatshirts and jerseys will be available for purchase online and at the finish line.
On road support is provided by the Bainbridge Island Amateur Radio Operators, mechanics from Performance Bicycles and B. I. Cycle Shop, and our own Safety and Medical crew. Safety vehicles are identified with Cascade Bicycle Club signs.
The day of ride emergency number is (206) 841-9665, answered live by on-road support personnel.
Mechanical support on route
- Seattle Registration Area - The Bicycle Repair Shop
- Bainbridge Island Registration Area - B.I. Cycle Shop
- Mile mark .2 - Classic Cycles
- Mile mark 5.1 - Craig Tamura
- Mile mark 15.4 - Battle Point Park - Performance Bicycle
- Mike mark 17.6 - Free Food Stop at Island Center Hall - Performance Bicycle
Suggested items to bring:
- Helmet (it’s required!)
- Layered and warm cycling clothing
- Rain gear
- Patch kit, spare tube, pump & tools
- Cycling mirror
- Money for emergencies & goodies (lots of charity groups on the route selling food items)
Special thanks to our event sponsors:
Chilly Hilly ferry schedule
Your Seattle registration fee includes a ferry ticket for you and your bike on the ferry times listed below:
7:55, 8:45, 9:35 and 10:35 a.m.
Your bib is your ferry ticket. If you take an earlier or later ferry, you must pay your own fare. Bicycle capacity per vessel is limited so arrive early. The 7:55 ferry is the most crowded, 8:45 less so, and the 9:35 & 10:35 ferries are the least crowded.
Even though there is no rider limit, due to heavy day-of-ride registrations, we can't guarantee that day-of-event registrants will make their intended ferry. If you must make a particular ferry, we suggest you pre-register for this event before Feb. 12 to have your packet mailed to you.
Use the special Chilly Hilly entrance north of the downtown Seattle ferry terminal. For safety, walk your bike onto the ferry and remember to remove or cover your cleats if you go up to the passenger decks (it's the law).