Celebrate the Bike Month finale at the Ballard Bike Street Party
We’ll have live music from Tomten and Country Lips, bicycle spin art and other kids’ craft projects, free food and beverage samples, free bike checks from local mechanics, stylish bicycle accessory vendors, a fashion show and tons of information about local bike infrastructure.
We will also be announcing several special Bike Month awards, including Team Captain of the year and the Top School from Bike to School Day.
The event is free, all ages, and open to the public, so pedal on down and celebrate the end of Bike Month with us!
- In partnership with KEXP, we’ll have a live family-friendly music stage featuring local bands Tomten and Country Lips from 4 until 6 p.m.
- At 6:30 p.m. you’ll have a chance to get up on stage and show off your riding outfit in our “Share Your Style” fashion show. Great prizes for all who participate! You can sign up in advance online, or at the event from 6-6:30 p.m. alongside the KEXP main stage.
- Sample free food and beverages from Clif Bar, Nuun, and Theo Chocolate.
- Get free bike assistance from mechanics from Second Ascent and Bike Sport
- Saddle up and take a spin on the original beer bike – Cycle Saloon
- Up your bike style with products from Bern Helmets and Sweet Spot Skirts
- Participate in fun arts and crafts activities (great for younger riders!)
- Learn about local bike infrastructure from SDOT and some of their community partners including the Elliot Bay Seawall Project and the SR520 Bridge Replacement and HOV Program
- Find out how to register your Commute Challenge team for the upcoming World Bicycle Relief Red-Bell 100
- Stop by the Cascade booth to say Hi and enter to win top prizes in our free Bike Month drawing
- From 5 till 8 p.m., you can swing by The Balmar for the official Bike Month Happy Hour party with bike themed cocktails and great beer specials including Ballard's own Peddler Brewing Company"
We’ll have a massive bike corral to park your ride while you check out the party. Children, pets and families are welcome at this fun, all ages event.
Ballard Bike Street Party will take place Friday, May 31, from 3:30 p.m. until 7 p.m. at Bergen Place Park, 22nd St. NW between Market St. and Ballard Ave