Emerald City Ride presented by Kaiser Permanente
Sunday, April 8, 2018
Ride car-free across the Alaskan Way Viaduct (before it's demolished), the Aurora Bridge, and the I-5 Express Lanes
Experience Seattle like never before! The new 2018 route includes (for the first time ever) the Alaskan Way Viaduct and Aurora Bridge – a truly historic experience. This year's Emerald City Ride is designed for riders of all ages and abilities with two rout options: a 12-mile full loop including a rest stop or a 3-mile out-and-back trip on the Viaduct.
Registered riders will receive a commemorative souvenir as a giveaway and we will have t-shirts available for purchase. Both routes are fully supported and the longer route will feature a rest stop with tasty treats. Ride details.
Who does your registration support?
Did you know the Emerald City Ride presented by Kaiser Permanente is a fundraiser? Your Emerald City Ride ride registration makes Washington a better place for people riding bikes:
- You are championing better and safer bicycle infrastructure.
- You are providing bicycle education programs for children, families, school groups and everyone else who wants to ride a bike.
- You are empowering youth from diverse communities through the Major Taylor Project.
- You are making it possible for Cascade to offer over 2,500 free group rides every year.
- Ultimately, you are getting more people on bikes.
Our events are made possible with support from the local communities through which we ride. A special thanks to our partners who are helping make this amazing event possible: Washington State Department of Transportation and the City of Seattle.