RSVP Ride Details
Tuesday, Jan. 24, 2017, 10 a.m. - Members-only registration opens
Tuesday, Feb. 21, 2017, 10 a.m. - General public registration opens
Tuesday, July 26, 2017, 11:59 p.m. - Deadline to purchase packet mailing and cutoff for paper forms
Sunday, Aug. 6, 2017, 11:59 p.m. - Online registration closes if not sold out
Friday, Aug. 18, 2017 - No day-of event registration
Online Registration pricing
- $140 member price / $160 non-member price
- $70 member youth price / $80 non-member youth price
Volunteer to get a bib
Volunteer 24 hours with Cascade and earn a free event registration.
- Packet mailing - $10 - Deadline for purchasing: Wednesday, Aug. 2
- Transportation (Bus + bike) from the Finish Line to Seattle- $70
- Bike only transportation to Seattle- $40
- Parking - $20 for 3 days of parking (Fri to Sun)
- Bike box transportation to Vancouver, BC- $20
- Bike storage - starting Monday at the Cascade Bicycling Center - $10 per day
Paper registration forms must be received by Tuesday, July 26 or sell out, whichever comes first. Paper registration includes a $15 surcharge. Form available at the start of general registration, if not sold out during members only registration.
RSVP does not have day-of ride registration. Please register online before the event sells out.
- Visit the rider packet page for details.
- Please note we will not be mailing the riders packet. All packets must be picked up unless optional packet mailing is purchased.
- Riders receive a packet consisting of an official ride souvenir, bib number, bicycle number, and finish line party tickets. The registration fee provides food stops, baggage transport to Bellingham and Vancouver B.C., bib number, route guide, route markings and souvenir.
UW E-18 Parking Lot
5 a.m.- Lot opens (no overnight parking prior to the event)
5:30 a.m. - Packet pickup and luggage dropoff opens
6-7 a.m. - Start line is open. Please be prompt -- food stops and other groups along the route are coordinated with these departure times.
Due to heightened security procedures at the Border crossing, each rider will need to bring a printed, signed copy of the baggage waiver to hand in at the start line when you load your bag. The baggage waiver was included in your rider packet, and can also be downloaded here.
Just a few extra miles? No problem! The University of Washington is off of our gem of a trail, the Burke-Gilman Trail. You can get to the Burke from north/south/east or west. Exit the trail near the light rail station for an easy crossing of Montlake Boulevard.
Take Light rail
On the day of the event trains will run every 15 minutes between 5- 6 a.m. and every 7 minutes between 6-8 a.m. Bicyclists are welcome to bring their bicycles onto Link trains to get to the RSVP start line at Husky Stadium. A maximum of four bicycles are allowed on each car. Find more details. Questions? Email [email protected]
From I-5 N/S take the SR 520 exit #168B onto SR520, east bound. Take the first exit off SR520 for Montlake Blvd E. At the light take a left onto Montlake Blvd E. Stay in the right lane as you go over the Montlake Bridge and pass Husky Stadium. The start line and drop off will be in the E18 parking lot on your right. You must enter the lot at the south end. Once in the lot follow the signs to either the drop-off area or overnight parking.
- Cost: $20 for a 3-day pass; must be purchase online with registration or from Cascade booth at the start line.
- Lot opens at 5 a.m.
- Drop off is free
- Cars must be out by Sunday evening
- Parking in E-18 only, enter the parking lot on the South end via Wahkiakum Rd. If you run into a gate arm you are at the wrong entrance.
We suggest carpooling as much as possible. Rideshare is a great way to do that. Membership is free. Log on to find ride matches here https://erideshare.com.
Please see the Mid-Ride lodging page for accomodation recommendations and details.
You have ridden your way to the northernmost city in the contiguous United States! There is not an official midpoint location for RSVP, however there are plenty of services available to riders in Bellingham.. Baggage trucks drop luggage at three different locations. Sherpa service is available at an extra cost if you would like your bags transported to a different location. See the Mid-ride lodging page for details.
Also back by popular demand, the expert massage therapists from Washington Sports Massage Team will be at the Days Inn in Bellingham from 1-8 p.m. the first day of both RSVP 1 and 2 to soothe your weary riding muscles. Massages are only $18 for a 15 minute massage (cash and credit accepted). This is WSMT's twentieth year working on tired muscles.
Finish Line Party: 2-6 p.m.
New this year!
Load your bike from 4-7 p.m. at the Finish Line party
Buses load the day after the Finish Line party Sunday, Aug. 20
*Do not leave bikes unlocked and unattended. Bike theft is high in Vancouver, BC. Do not leave bikes in or on top of your car overnight.
RSVP bike corral
There will be no overnight bike corral.
If you have purchased transportation with Cascade Bicycle Club you will load your bike at the Finish Line.
If you are transporting your own bike please secure it in your hotel overnight. Do not leave bikes locked outdoors, in cars, or on car racks overnight in Vancouver. Bicycle Theft is a major problem in the Vancouver Metro Area.
- Food and Beverage- Your food/beverage tickets are on your rider bib! Don't forget it they are not replaceable.
- Merchandise- Due to border restrictions merchandise is not available for sale at the finish line, but samples will be available to try on and orders can be made.
- Entertainment- TBD
Important customs information
U.S. citizens crossing from Canada into the United States via land travel need to present either:
- A passport, a passport card, a WHTI-compliant document, or
- An Enhanced Drivers' License
Canadian customs inadmissibility
Some people are inadmissible—they are not allowed to come to Canada. Several things can make you inadmissible, including involvement in criminal activity or organized crime and human rights violations. You can also be inadmissible for security, health or financial reasons.
If you have committed or been convicted of a criminal offense, you may not be allowed to enter Canada. For more details check out the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website.