STP Ride Details
I-5 Northbound full closure friday 7/13 11 p.m. to monday 7/16 4 a.m.
Alternate route from the south to uw start line/bike corral is I-405n to I-90w or sr-520w. From there you can access i-5 n to the 45th St exit. Left on montlake blvd. right on mary gates dr to enter the e-1 parking lot on the north end.
montlake blvd is stop and go due to rider traffic after 4:45 a.m. if you are arriving after the official start please use 45th st through the uw.
Cost: $145-$160 Rider Limit: 10,000
Wednesday, June 27, 2018, 11:59 p.m. - Deadline to purchase packet mailing and cutoff for paper forms (if event is not already sold out)
Sunday, July 8, 2018, 11:59 p.m. - Regular registration closes online
Saturday, July 14, 2018 - No day-of-event registration
ONLINE REGISTRATION PRICING
Adult Registration (Age 13+)
- $145 member price / $160 non-member price
Youth Registration (Ages 1-12)
- $60 member price / $75 non-member price
ADDITIONAL REGISTRATION ADD-ONS
Sunday, July 8 is last day to add stp add-ons (transportation, parking, and bike storage) to your registration. you will have the option to purchase these at the stp packet pick up event (subject to availability)
- Packet Mailing - ($20) Save time and have your rider packet mailed
- Return Transportation - ($70)Saturday, Sunday, or Monday return transportation to Seattle for you and your bike
- Bike Only Return Transportation - ($40) Return transportation to Seattle for your bike ONLY
- Event Parking - ($12 per day) parking passes available if you plan to leave your vehicle at the start line
- Bike Box Transportation - ($20) One-way bike box transportation from Seattle (start line) to Portland
- Post Event Bike Storage - ($10 per day) Pre-paid bike storage if you are unable to pick your bike before the Monday bike corral closure (UW parking lot E-18)
*Can be purchased during or after registration. NOTE: some add-on's have cutoff dates and are subject to availability
- Rider packets will not be mailed unless optional packet mailing is purchased ($20)
- If you have purchased optional packet mailing ($20) your rider packet will be mailed to you approximately one week before the ride
- Please ensure that your mailing address is listed correctly on your online account to avoid any delays
- If your packet was mailed and has not arrived by ride day, please check in at our registration booth at the start line. We will be able to look up your registration and get you a replacement bib no problem
- NEW IN 2018: STP packet pickup will be held at our Cascade Bicycle Club & WA Bikes Headquarters
- Thursday and Friday July 12th & 13th
- On the day-of the ride at the specified start line
For additional Rider Packets details and information CLICK HERE
Scholarships are available for Seattle to Portland registration. To request scholarship aid, please CLICK HERE and complete the form. Scholarship application closes Wednesday, June 27, 2018.
REGISTRATION BY PAPER FORM
- Paper registration forms must be received by Wednesday, June 27, 2018
- Paper registration includes a $5 surcharge.
SATURDAY, JULY 14, 2018
One-day riders only: 4:45 - 5:15 a.m.
Two-day riders: 5:15 -7:30 a.m.
- Please arrive at the start line with plenty of time, and listen to the announcer for any last minute route changes and safety reminders.
- To ensure food stops and locations are available to you, please start during official times. If you fall behind the official food stop times you will be considered behind the ride, and support will be limited.
- Riders will be sent in 10-minute waves beginning with one-day riders only. All two-day riders will be started prior to 7:30 a.m.
Start Line Packet Pickup:
Available 4:30 - 7:15 a.m.
Arrive at the start line with:
- Rider Bib # and ID (if you haven't picked up your packet)
- Luggage tagged (2 bags; each 20 lbs or less). See baggage service for more details.
You are responsible for loading your luggage onto the correct truck! Your luggage will not be waiting for you if you do not pay attention to the truck's destination. Read signs and please ask volunteers if you are unsure. If you are in a homestay or a place that is not an official baggage drop be sure to confirm the closest drop location with your host prior to the event.
- Bike number fixed on your bike and helmet
- Official route map (provided in packet)
- Bike prepped:
- Tires pumped
- Bike bag packed (tools, snacks, and layers)
- Breakfast was eaten (make it a good one!)
- Water bottles filled
Please follow these directions to the start line, or you could be caught in bicycle traffic anytime after 4:45 a.m.
Food & Amenities:
Performance Bicycle will be onsite to get you any last minute repairs or tweaks before you hit the road. (Please have your bike tuned, built, and ready to go before arriving at the start line)
600 Centralia College Blvd
Centralia, WA 98531
This location has a lot to offer, such as 30 acres of camping space, 200+ showers, food vendors, full cafeteria, Lagunitas beer garden, the Kaiser Permanente Charging Station, television viewing areas that will broadcast the Tour de France and parking for RV and support vehicles.
The expert massage therapists from Washington Sports Massage Team will also be onsite to soothe your weary riding muscles. (cash and credit accepted)
All Personal Support Vehicles (PSVs) should be following the specific instructions for drivers. Please stay off of the riders' route as much as possible. Stay in the vicinity of your rider and only come to their aid when called. We have enough support on the route for you to ride without personal support, but if you must have it we please ask that you follow the instructions provided and keep the event as safe and low on traffic as possible.
Please see the Centralia College page for more details on the parking of support vehicles, transportation around town, and RV parking.
This bike corral will be continuously staffed by the Centralia Reserve Police Department during your stay in the Centralia area for a small fee. Transportation will be provided via the Centralia Trolley and public bus system to various locations in Centralia such as Centralia Thorbeck’s, Nazarene Church, hotels, restaurants, shopping centers and antique malls. We recommend placing your bike in the bike corral if you intend on using the trolley or public bus systems. If you have any questions about this new location, please call the Centralia-Chehalis Chamber of Commerce at (360) 748-8885.
Food & Amenities:
Free tent camping is available at Centralia College as well as other indoor camping options for a fee. Lagunitas beer garden, vendors, food for purchase, live entertainment, and sponsor booths will all be on-campus. See the Centralia College STP webpage for full details.
New to STP? Please note that Centralia is the official midpoint, but not the only overnight location.
The majority of riders overnight here as it splits their days equally and has the festive atmosphere of a large cycling event. However, if you would like to ride longer on your first day and shorter on your second there are many other options along the route. There are a limited number of hotels in the area, and rooms often sell out before STP registration opens. A variety of community groups, nonprofits, schools, and churches open their doors to riders along the STP route. Accommodation is available anywhere from Centralia (mile 103) to Kelso (mile 150) and varies from camping to private rooms. Please see the lodging page for more details.
load your bike immediately!
If you are taking STP transportation, please load your bike as soon as you cross the finish line. Bike trucks take longer to fill than buses, which means the longer they take to load, the longer you wait for your bike in Seattle. Loading your bike also allows you to enjoy the festival without fear of theft or needing to lock your bike.
Do not leave your bike unlocked and unattended during the finish line festival. Bike theft is a major issue in Portland, just as it is in every city. Please either load your bike on the transport trucks, lock them on the fencing provided near the beer garden or use the bike corral in the Double Tree parking lot.
There is an outdoor bike corral near the finish line, but this is not for overnight storage or for anyone using STP transportation back to Seattle. The bike corral hours are from 2 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Saturday and 12 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Sunday.
NE 11th Ave and Holladay St
Host Hotel: Double Tree- Lloyd Center, across the street from the finish line festival.
Saturday, July 14th from 3 - 9 p.m.
Sunday, July 15th from 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
All finish line services open and close at these times.
*Shower truck is available at the finish line. Showers are free, but towel rentals are $5. (cash only)
The MAX light rail is conveniently located by Lloyd Center and travels to and from downtown.
From I-5 southbound or northbound - take exit #302A (City Center/Rose Quarter). Follow the exit to NE Weidler St. and head east. Follow this to NE 9th Ave., and take a right, then take a left on Multnomah St. The finish line at Holladay Park will be on your right between NE 11th and NE 13th Ave., just south of Lloyd Center. There are many public parking lots in the area for the local businesses and some require a parking fee.
Kaiser Permanente - Get your very own finisher portriat! Stop by the finisher arch near the souvenir tent to have your very own victory portrait taken by a photographer courtesy of Kaiser Permanente. Stop by the Kaiser Permanente booth to get your commemorative photo printed and grab a sweet hot/cold pack to help speed up your post-ride recovery. Need a last minute charge to coordinate your ride home? Give your phones a boost at the Kaiser Permanente Recharge Station.
Manitoba Harvest -At Manitoba Harvest Hemp Foods we believe in living life with bold hearts and open minds. Passionate and purposeful in our pursuit of better nutrition, our restless curiosity motivates us to uncover delicious new paths to health and well-being. That’s why we’re obsessive about bringing the freshest, highest quality hemp seeds from field to table. Our products include Hemp Hearts, hemp snacks, and hemp protein powder. We are excited to bring the power of hemp to Cascade rides. Learn more at www.manitobaharvest.com
Food & Drink:
TBA for 2018
You'll also be able to check out product and events from a number of bike-related vendors. Complete list here.
Gift this ride
Share the joy of bicycling with your friends and family.