Flying Wheels Ride Details
Cost: $50 - $70 Rider limit: 4,000
Tuesday, Jan. 10, 2017, 10 a.m. - Members-only registration opens.
Tuesday, Feb. 7, 2017, 10 a.m. - General public registration opens.
Wednesday, May 31, 2017, 11:59 p.m. - Deadline to purchase packet mailing and cutoff for paper forms.
Wednesday, June 7, 2017, 11:59 p.m. - Online registration closes.
Saturday, June 10, 2017 - Day-of registration available. (Assuming it's not sold out.) See information below.
Online Registration pricing
- $50 member(13+) price / $60 non-member (13+ price)
- $10 member youth (1-12) / $20 non-member youth (1-12)
- Packet Mailing - $5
Registration By Paper Form
- Paper registration forms must be received by Wednesday, May 31, 2017.
- Paper registration includes a $5 surcharge. Form available for download here.
Scholarships are available for registration. To request scholarship aid, please click here and complete the form. Scholarship application closes Wednesday, May 31, 2017.
NEW THIS YEAR!
- Please note we will not be mailing rider packets unless optional packet mailing is purchased ($5).
- Packets will be available at the pre-ride packet pickup at Cascade Bicycle Club Wednesday June 7 & Thursday June 8, 10 AM - 7 PM, or on the day-of the ride at the Marymoor Park start line
- If you have not purchased packet mailing you will need to pick up your packet at the pre-ride packet pickup at Cascade Bicycle Club or on the day of the ride at the start line.
- If your packet was mailed and has not arrived by event day, please check in at the packet pick up area of the start line.
- Available if the ride has not sold out
- Start Line at King County's Marymoor Park
- We accept cash, check or credit cards payment
- Download a day-of form to facilitate registration
- Day-of-ride registration includes a $10 surcharge for riders (13+) over online registration price.
- Have any friends or family who are looking for a shorter ride? Day-of registration for the 23-mile loop will be available at the online pricing rate.
Packet pickup and day-of registration schedule
- 6 a.m.for 100-mile riders
- 6:30 a.m. for 75-mile riders
- 7 a.m. for 46-mile riders
- 7:30 a.m. for 23-mile riders
King County's Marymoor Park Velodrome east-end parking lot.
- 6:30 to 7 a.m. Start line open for 100-mile riders
- 7 to 7:30 a.m. Start line open for 75-mile riders
- 7:30 to 8 a.m. Start line open for 46-mile riders
- 8 to 9 a.m. for Start line open for 23-mile riders
- 9 a.m. Start line closes
*For packet pick-up and day of registration schedule see above
Save the gas and add some miles. Bike to the start! King County's Marymoor Park is easily accessible by bike via the Marymoor Connector Trail, which connects both the East Lake Sammamish Trail and the Sammamish River Trail to the start line area.
From Seattle, take I-90E to I-405. Go north to SR 520E toward Redmond. Take the exit to King County's Marymoor Park (W. Lake Sammamish Parkway).
At the light at the bottom of the exit take a right, then at the next light take a left into the park. Follow the road through the park and then follow the Flying Wheels parking signs near the east end of the park. Registration is in the parking lot in front of the baseball fields at the east end of the park - please, no rider parking in this lot. Follow the signs to the Flying Wheels parking area where riders park for free.
NE 76th St and 177th NE bus stop is located one mile from the start line. Metro Transit Routes 268 & 269 and Sound Transit Route 545 service this stop.
Start Line Booths
Same as Start Line - King County's Marymoor Park Velodrome east-end parking lot.
11:00 a.m. - 5 p.m. Finish Line Festival open
Finish Line Booths
All riders will receive a free finisher meal from one of our finish line festival food vendors as part of registration.
- Seattle Sausage (vegetarian options available)
- Athena's Food Truck
- Parisi Food Truck
- Fremont Brewing Beer Garden
Expert massage therapists from Washington Sports Massage to soothe your weary riding muscles. Massages are only $18 for 15 minutes (cash and credit accepted). If you miss them at Flying Wheels, catch them at the STP midpoint or in Bellingham during RSVP.
- Swedish Medical Center
- Blue Steel Sports - Blue Steel Sports products help protect and nurture your body so that you can look good, feel great and perform at your best!
- The WAVE Foundation - Cycle the WAVE (Women Against Violence Everywhere), is a fully supported, deluxe all-women's event celebrating our 10th year!
- Tonik - Performance Cycling and Athletic Apparel for Real Women
- Obliteride - We're looking to recruit more Obliteride riders, fundraise more money, have more fun and ultimately allow our scientists to explore more cures for cancer.
- Carnation Farms
- Biker Chick Jewelry Design - Bike themed jewelry - Unique jewelry using actual bike chain in each piece
- Nuun Hydration
- Noosa Yoghurt - Noosa Yoghurt. What’s the secret to amazing yoghurt? It’s simple: whole milk, a touch of honey, and real fruit purée.
- Crush Kid's Cancer (CKC) - CKC cycling team is in its 7th year of supporting groundbreaking research at Seattle Children's Hospital. Great friends, great gear, great support — ride bikes to save lives with Crush Kids' Cancer! Drop by after your ride to get some amazing Parfait Ice Cream, to learn more, join the team or just say hi!
Make a weekend of it and stay at historic Carnation Farms! Nestled in the Snoqualmie Valley, Carnation Farms provides the perfect blend of rustic elegance and tranquil scenery. Originally built in the 1900’s, the farm provides the ideal setting for your pre and post-race gatherings with both double room and bunk room overnight accommodations. Rooms are limited. To reserve your room, contact [email protected]
Flying Wheels event t-shirts will be available for sale in advance online and onsite at the finish line festival.