Emerald Bike Ride Details
Cost:$20 - $50 Rider Limit: 10,000
Tuesday, Mar. 7, 2017, 10 a.m. - Registration opens
Wednesday, May 17, 2017, 11:59 p.m. - Deadline to receive packet mailing and cutoff for paper forms
Thursday, May 25, 2017, 11:59 p.m. - Online registration closes
Sunday, May 28, 2017 - Day-of registration at start line 5 - 7:45 a.m.
Online registration pricing
- Full 25-mile loop - $30 member (13+) price / $40 non-member (13+) price
- 11-mile I-5 Experience - $20 member (13+) price / $30 non-member (13+) price
- Save money and support our work by adding Cascade membership to your order
Youth pricing (ages 1-12)
- Youth pricing is the same online and day-of event.
- Full 25-mile loop - $17 member price/ $27 non-member price
- 11-mile I-5 Experience- $7 member price/ $17 non-member price
Registration by paper form
- Paper registration includes a $5 surcharge.
- Paper registration forms must be received by Wednesday, May 17, 2017.
Day of Event Registration
- Registration will be offered at the event start line from 5 - 7:45 a.m.
- Save step and fill out the registration form ahead of time
- Full 25-mile loop - $40 member (13+) price / $50 non-member (13+) price
- 11-mile I-5 Experience - $25 member (13+) price / $35 non-member (13+) price
Scholarships are available for Emerald City registration. To request scholarship aid, please click here and complete the form. Scholarship application closes Wednesday, May 17, 2017.
- All riders who register by Sunday, May 21 will have their packets mailed
- Riders who register after Sunday,May 21 will pick up their packet at the event start line beginning at 5 a.m.
- If your packet was mailed and has not arrived by ride day, please check in at the Cascade tent at the event start line
Suggested items to bring:
- Helmet (required!)
- Patch kit, spare tube, pump and tools
- Cash for emergencies and goodies (groups may be selling goodies on route and/or taking donations)
New this year, the ride will start and end on Occidental Ave S next to the Safeco parking garage south of Safeco Stadium - 301 Edgar Martinez Dr S, Seattle, WA 98134. Parking available at Safeco Field Garage for $10. Onstreet parking is free on Sundays in most areas but please be aware that the area around the Stadium is high car prowl and take appropriate precautions if you choose to park on street (more info here and here).
If you register by May 17 your packet will be mailed directly to your home. Look out for an envelope that says “Rider Packet” from Cascade. If you register after May 17 your packet will be available at the start line day of event beginning at 5 a.m. If you have problems with your packet or do not receive it in the mail you can come to the Cascade Bicycle Club booth from 5 to 8 a.m. the morning of the event for assistance.
Beat the time cuts
- 8:10 a.m. — Access to I-5 Express Lanes opens at 6:10 a.m. and closes to riders at 8:10 a.m. — no exceptions. All riders on the short loop need to be off the I-5 Express Lanes by 9:20 a.m.
- 9 a.m. — Access to SR 520 opens at 6:20 a.m. and closes to riders at 9 a.m. — no exceptions. All riders will need to be off the bridge by 9:45 a.m.
- 10:20 a.m. — Access to the I-90 Express Lanes opens at 7 a.m. and closes at 10:20 a.m. — no exceptions. All riders will need to be off the I-90 Express Lanes by 11:20 a.m.
These times are hard closures and can not be changed, so please give yourself lots of extra time.
- 5 a.m. Safeco Start Line/Finish Line with info booth, exhibitors and hat giveaways open
- 6 to 7:45 a.m. Course open for 25-mile riders to start
- 7:45 to 8 a.m. Course open for 11-mile riders to start
- 8:10 a.m. Access to I-5 Express Lanes closed to riders
- 8:40 a.m. Full 25-mile loop riders must be off I-5 Express Lanes
- 9 a.m. Access to SR 520 bridge closed to riders
- 9:20 a.m. I-5 Experience riders must be off I-5 Express Lanes
- 9:45 a.m. Riders must be off SR 520 bridge
- 10:20 a.m. Access to I-90 Express Lanes closed to riders
- 11:20 a.m. All riders must be off the I-90 Express Lanes
- 11:30 a.m. End of ride and all route support ends
- 12 p.m. Finish Line closes
- 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. After Party at Pyramid Breweries Seattle Alehouse
*For packet pick-up and day of registration schedule see registration page.
Save gas and add some miles. Bike to the start! Check out the Seattle Bike Map to plan your route.
Parking available at Safeco Field Garage for $10 access from Edgar Marinez Dr. Onstreet parking is free on Sundays in most locations but please be aware that the area around the stadium is high car prowl and take appropriate precautions if you choose to park on street (more info here and here). Please avoid using 4th Ave S in planning your route to the start line.
The event start line is just a block away from the Stadium Station which is served by light rail and bus. Remember that on-board capacity is limited to four bicycles per light rail car and three per bus.
Same as the Start Line - Occidental Ave S in front of Safeco parking garage.
After Party at Pyramid Breweries Seattle Alehouse
8 a.m. - 12 p.m. Finish Line booths open
9 a.m. - 2 p.m. Official After Party at Pyramid Breweries Seattle Alehouse open
The following exhibitors will be onsite at the event start and finish line:
The Boeing Company - It's always a great day when people come together to make a difference. Boeing is proud to sponsor the Emerald City Bike Ride.
Clif Bar - CLIF Bars taste great and are made with a nutritious blend of organic rolled oats and wholesome ingredients to keep you feeling and performing your best.
Darigold - Sampling RE:FUEL protein milk, a lactose free chocolate milk with added protein, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants to nourish tired muscles and fight fatigue.
Wilcox Family Farms - Wilcox Family Farms is dedicated to providing healthy, local, and delicious eggs. Come find us at the Start Line before the race for a complimentary hard-boiled egg!
Cycle the WAVE - The Northwest's premiere all- woman cycling event benefiting domestic violence education programs
Tonik - Women's Cycling Apparel
Fostering Together - Bringing awareness to the needs of foster care in our county
Obliteride - Obliteride hits its 5th year of raising money for Fred Hutch through cycling. Join us.
- Seattle Sausage - Selling sausages (vegetarian options available)
All riders will receive a commemorative hat which can be picked up from the Cascade booth at the event start or finish line. Riders can choose between a cycling cap or a trucker cap subject to availability. T-shirts will also be available for purchase.