Emerald City Ride Details
Tuesday, January 30, 2018, 10 a.m. - Registration opens
Sunday, March 25, 2018, 11:59 p.m. - Deadline to receive packet mailing and cutoff for paper forms
Wednesday, April 4, 2018, 11:59 p.m. - Online registration closes
Sunday, April 8, 2018 - Day-of registration at start line 6 - 8:45 a.m.
REGISTRATION SPECIAL OFFER: (JAN.30 — MARCH.25)
PACKET MAILING IS FREE ($5 VALUE) FOR REGISTRATION COMPLETED BEFORE SUNDAY, MARCH 25 AT 11:59 p.m.
ONLINE REGISTRATION PRICING
12 Mile "Full Ride" Registration (Age 13+)
- $35 member price / $40 non-member price
3 Mile "Viaduct Experience" Registration (Age 13+)
- $20 member price / $25 non-member price
Youth Registration (Ages 1-12)
- 12 Mile Full Ride - $20 member price / $25 non-member price
- 3 Mile Viaduct Experience - $5 member price / $10 non-member price
*Youth pricing does not increase with day-of registration
ADDITIONAL REGISTRATION ADD-ONS
- Packet Mailing - $5 - Register on or before March 25 and get FREE packet mailing.
*Can be purchased during or after registration. NOTE: some add-on's have cutoff dates and are subject to availability
- Register on or before March 25 will get FREE packet mailing. Rider packets will be mailed approximately one-two weeks before the ride.
- If you register after March 25 you can pick up your packet during the Cascade Bicycle Club office packet pickup event on Friday, April 6 from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. or at the start line.
- Please ensure that your mailing address is listed correctly on your online account to avoid any delays
- If your packet was mailed and has not arrived by ride day, please check in at our registration booth at the start line. We will be able to look up your registration and get you a replacement bib no problem
- Emerald City Ride packet pickup event will be held at the Cascade Bicycle Club office from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Friday, April 6.
- On the day of the ride at Pyramid Brewing at 6:00 a.m.
Scholarships are available for the Emerald City Ride registration. To request scholarship aid, please click here and complete the form. Scholarship application closes Sunday, March 25, 2018.
Day-of-ride registration, and paper forms
- Look for the green Cascade tent at the start line.
- Print and fill out a Day-Of registration to get a head start and fill out at home.
- Day-of registration is available.
- Day-of registration includes a $10 surcharge over the online (13+) registration price.
New this year, the ride will start and end on E. Frontage Rd. S just west of Pyramid Alehouse. The Safeco Field parking garage will be open for off street parking. On-street parking is free on Sundays in most areas but please be aware that the area around the Stadium is high car prowl and take appropriate precautions if you choose to park on street (more info here and here).
If you register by March 25 you will get FREE packet mailing and your packet will be mailed directly to your home. Look out for an envelope that says “Rider Packet” from Cascade. If you registered after March 25 your rider packet will be available at the Emerald City Ride packet pickup event or at the start line on the day of the event beginning at 6 a.m. If you have problems with your packet or do not receive it in the mail you can come to the Cascade Bicycle Club booth from 6 to 9 a.m. the morning of the event for assistance.
Beat the time cuts
6 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. Packet pickup, registration and expo area open for 12-mile riders
Take note of the following cut off times:
- 7 a.m. to 8:45 a.m. - 12-mile course officially opens with access to SR 99 Viaduct. Access closes at 8:45 a.m. - no exceptions.
- 7:15 a.m. - Access to I-5 Express Lanes opens at 7:15 a.m.
- 9:30 a.m. - I-5 Express Lane entrance closed.
- 10:00 a.m. - All riders need to be off I-5 Express Lanes by 10 a.m.
- 11:00 a.m. - Course closed
6 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. Packet pickup, registration and expo area open for 3-mile riders
Take note of the following cut off times:
- 9:15 a.m. - 3-mile course officially opens with access to SR 99 Viaduct for out and back loop.
- 9:30 a.m. - Entrance to SR 99 Viaduct closed.
- 11:00 a.m. - All riders will need to be off the Viaduct by 11 a.m.
- 11:30 a.m. - Finish line closes
- 9 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. - After party at Pyramid Brewing!
*These times are hard closures and cannot be changed, so please give yourself lots of extra time.
Save gas and add some miles. Bike to the start! Check out the Seattle Bike Map to plan your route.
Parking available at Safeco Field Garage for $10 access from Edgar Marinez Dr. Onstreet parking is free on Sundays in most locations but please be aware that the area around the stadium is high car prowl and take appropriate precautions if you choose to park on street (more info here and here).
The event start line is very close to many bus lines.
There will be one rest stop for the 12-mile route across from Ivar's Fish House in Fremont at mile 6. Enjoy fresh baked goods from Essential Bakery, Clif products, electrolytes from Nuun and other snacks from the Cascade booth.
Same as the Start Line - E. Frontage Rd. S - just west of the Pyramid Alehouse
After Party at Pyramid Breweries Seattle Alehouse
6 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. Start/Finish Line booths open
9 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Official after party at Pyramid Breweries Seattle Alehouse open
The following exhibitors will be onsite at the event start and finish line:
- Kaiser Permanente
- The Boeing Company It's always a great day when people come together to make a difference. Boeing is proud to sponsor the Emerald City Bike Ride
- Performance Bicycle
- Fonte Coffee Roaster
- Clif BarCLIF Bars taste great and are made with a nutritious blend of organic rolled oats and wholesome ingredients to keep you feeling and performing your best
- Darigold - Sampling RE: FUEL protein milk, a lactose-free chocolate milk with added protein, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants to nourish tired muscles and fight fatigue.
- Wilcox Family Farms Wilcox Family Farms is dedicated to providing healthy, local, and delicious eggs. Come find us at the Start Line before the race for a complimentary hard-boiled egg!
- The Wave Foundation
- Tonik - Women's Cycling Apparel
- Friends of Waterfront Seattle
- World Relief Seattle: SEA TRI KAN - We're riding across Washington for refugee resiliency. Come join the adventure!
- Lake to Lake Bike Ride The City of Bellevue Parks & Community Services Department will be promoting their ride, scheduled for June 9, as well as upcoming programs and events.
- Seattle Sausage grilling up after ride food!
All riders will receive a commemorative souvenir which can be picked up from the Cascade booth at the event start or finish line. T-shirts will also be available for purchase.
Take Care of Your Four-Legged Friend and Support Cascade!
Need some help looking after your four-legged friends while you're riding The Emerald City Ride? Cascade Community Members get $40 off their first booking with Rover! Even better? Each time a new person makes a booking Cascade receives a portion of the booking fee. With over 200,000 sitters, Rover is the nation's largest network of 5-star pet sitters and dog walkers. Click HERE to learn more.
Gift Registrations for this are available! Share the joy of bicycling with your friends and family!