Chilly Hilly Ride Details
Cost: $31-$40 Rider Limit: 5,000
ONLINE REGISTRATION PRICING
Seattle Start Registration (Age 13+)
- $36 premium member price / $40 basic member price
- Includes round-trip ferry pass. Bibs numbers are assigned to reflect registration type
- Your bib is your ferry pass, so make sure you have it on you throughout the entire ride
Bainbridge Island Start Registration (Age 13+)
- $31 premium member price / $35 basic member price
- Does not includes round-trip ferry pass
Youth Registration (Ages 1-12)
- Seattle Start - $18 premium member price / $20 basic member price
- Bainbridge Island Start - $13 premium member price / $15 basic member price
*Youth pricing does not increase with day-of registration
ADDITIONAL REGISTRATION ADD-ONS
- Packet Mailing - $5
- Chili Feed - $7 online, day-of $8 cash only at the door (more information under the Finish Line section.)
*Can be purchased during or after registration. NOTE: some add-on's have cutoff dates and are subject to availability
- Check that your mailing address is listed correctly on your online account to avoid any delays
- Rider packets will not be mailed unless optional packet mailing is purchased, or you purchased registration in December
- If your packet was mailed and has not arrived by ride day, please check in at packet pickup of your start line
- Cascade Bicycling Center from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 21 and Friday, Feb. 22
- On the day-of the ride at the specified start line
Scholarships are available for Chilly Hilly registration. To request scholarship aid, please click here and complete the form. Scholarship application closes Wednesday, Feb 13, 2019.
Bainbridge-Start-Only Registration Special (cash/check in person only)
From Wednesday, Feb. 20 through Saturday, Feb. 23, riders starting on the Bainbridge Island side can register for the online price in person at the B.I. Cycle Shop or Classic Cycle during regular store hours. You will have your rider packet in hand the day you purchase. Cash or check are the only payments accepted.
NOTE: Registrations sold during this offering are for Bainbridge start line only and do not include ferry ticket.
Pyramid Alehouse: 1201 1st Ave S, Seattle, WA 98134
Official ferry times: 7:55, 8:55, 9:35 and 10:40 a.m.
*Be in line 20 minutes prior to your desired ferry. The 7:55 ferry is the most crowded. If you do not like crowds, please choose a later ferry time.
PACKET PICKUP & DAY-OF REGISTRATION
Available at the Start Line: Pyramid Alehouse
- Day-of registration includes a $10 surcharge over the online price.
Open 7 am-10 am
Want to head straight to the ferry? Be sure to purchase packet mailing by Wednesday, Feb. 13, so your packet can be mailed. Please adhere to the four official Chilly Hilly ferry times. All other ferries will require purchase of a ferry ticket.
With the demolition of the viaduct parking is expected to be tight. Please consider carpooling, transit or riding your bike to the start line if possible. Street parking is free on Sundays, but please carefully check all parking and traffic signs.
- The Bainbridge Island Ferry departs from Colman Dock. Staging on ferry dock starts at 7 am.
- Riders enter the Chilly Hilly rider entrance at the toll booth #4 via the sidewalk on the west side of Alaskan Way.
- Riders will line up according to speed - Fast, Medium and Leisurely (slow).
- Please follow loading instructions to avoid rider conflict during offload.
- Riders MUST have their bibs visible in order to enter Chilly Hilly rider entrance.
PACKET PICKUP & DAY-OF REGISTRATION
Open: 7:30- 10:30 a.m.
B.I. Cycle Shop
124 Bjune Dr. SE
Bainbridge Island, WA
*Route and service officially open at 8 a.m., registration/packets will be available starting 7:30 a.m.
Bainbridge registration does not include ferry ticket, you will not be allowed access the ferry with a Bainbridge registration. Ferry fee is less expensive through Chilly Hilly registration than onsite at the ferry terminal. Please purchase accordingly.
- From the Kitsap: Hwy 305 S to Winslow Way, turn RIGHT on Winslow Way, LEFT on Bjune
- From the Ferry: Turn LEFT on Winslow Way, LEFT on Bjune
*Do not park on brien Dr. in Winslow this is the finish line location.
Open: 8:30 a.m.-2 p.m.
Battle Point Park, West Entrance on Battle Point Dr.
Nuun Energy drink- Fill your bottles with electrolytes and warm yourself up dancing to the music provided by Nuun.
Bainbridge Girl Scouts- Bainbridge Girl Scouts will once again provide free cookies and baked goods to riders. Donations accepted.
BI Rope Skippers- For the third year BI Rope Skippers will provide hot potatoes with toppings to riders.
Open: 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
On Brien Drive in front of the senior center
For those of you returning to Seattle your fare is round-trip, so enjoy the finish line festival and return on whichever boat you choose. Check Washington State Department of Transportation's sailing schedule online for updated ferry times.
Chili Feed Bainbridge Island community group will be hosting a chili feed. Chili is available at an additional cost and not sponsored by Cascade Bicycle Club. 100 percent of proceeds go to the organizing local Bainbridge non-profit or club. This year you can buy your bowl in advance online until Feb. 15th! No cash needed at the finish and Cascade will cover $1 per bowl if you buy ahead of time. Chili is $8 day-of ride, cash only. Vegetarian options are available.
Rapha- will be providing a photo booth to celebrate the finish
Jaimeson Jones Memorial Scholarship's Family Jewels 5K Trail Run-funding scholarships for local families with childhood cancer. Homemade pie for all registrants! #only5Kwithapietable
World Relief Seattle- SEA TRI KAN Join us this June as we cycle 400 miles in 5 days across the state of Washington for refugee resiliency. The journey is sure to be long and rewarding and cyclists hope their demonstration will say “We Welcome Refugees”.
Puget Sound Energy- PSE is here to share information on our Renewables programs and Energy Efficency programs.
Gigantic Bicycle Festival The Pacific Northwest's Music and Arts Celebration of the Bicycle. Aug 25-26, Centennial Fields Park, Snoqualmie.
Tour de Peaks-Pease welcome back a new updated version of the Tour de Peaks which will include both Road and Gravel options. Event will be held in the upper Snoqualmie Valley September 22 & 23. Ride options include Day 1 ROAD - 50 mile flat and 70+ mile climbing routes. Day 2 GRAVEL - 30 mile moderate and 60+ mile challenge routes. Ride either or both days. For more info, visit our booth at Chilly Hilly or send an inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Poulsbo Rotary Club Viking Tour 2018 - A group ride on the Kitsap Peninsula.
Crush Kids' Cancer (CKC) — CKC cycling team is in its 8th year of supporting groundbreaking research at Seattle Children's Hospital. Great friends, great gear, great support — ride bikes to save lives with Crush Kids' Cancer! Drop by after Chilly Hilly to get some amazing Theo hot chocolate, to learn more, join the team, or just say hi!
Take Care of Your Four-Legged Friend and Support Cascade!
Need some help looking after your four-legged friends while you're riding Chilly Hilly? Cascade Community Members get $40 off their first booking with Rover! Even better? Each time a new person makes a booking Cascade receives a portion of the booking fee. With over 200,000 sitters, Rover is the nation's largest network of 5-star pet sitters and dog walkers. Click HERE to learn more.