Saturday Morning Rides in Snohomish County (Steady, Moderate, Brisk)
If you are new, please read our newcomer information.
Come and join us each Saturday morning in October, November and December for a ride. Stay fit, and enjoy the beauty and interesting sights in Snohomish County! The routes are about 40 miles each week. The steady and moderate paces ride a little less and the brisk pace rides a little more so that all have an equal ride effort.
How to find us? We will meet in the parking lot south of the tennis courts/restrooms.
Today's Route: There is a nice rest room at the start. This is a very rural route! Lots of trees, up and down, curvy roads, then we stop at the iconic bakery in Sultan. This is not Starbucks, so a little bit of patience is needed. Half a block down the road there is also a convenience store. Then we cross the bridge and pedal along the Skykomish river on Ben Howard Road with moss covered trees on the sides. Then some farmland, another bridge and we'll be back in Monroe.
Steady/Moderate route: 37.3 miles with 1,930 ft of elevation (per RWGPS) - Restroom at the start. Rest stop: Sultan Bakery at mile 24.7
Brisk route: 40.1 miles with 2,151ft of elevation (per RWGPS) Restroom at the start. Rest stop: Sultan Bakery at mike 27.5
- Please be ready to ride at least 10 minutes before the start of the ride to check off your name or sign the waiver and be part of the safety briefing.
- If the roads are wet or there is rain in the forecast, please respect the rider behind you by having fenders that cover your tire to about 2 inches from the ground. If you have no fenders, you might be asked to ride in the back.
- Riders have to be independent when they have a flat and/or mechanical. Bring a charged cellphone if possible.
- Cue sheets are not provided at the start; print your own copy.
- Your registration on this website is appreciated. Use the Register Now button at the top of this page.
- Steady rain or other unsafe conditions cancels the ride. If the ride is canceled, it will be posted by 07:00 am in the comment section below. In that case the ride leaders will not be at the start.
Check the links below. You'll find links to the routes for this week, a link with information for new riders to the club, for bringing a minor or for becoming a ride leaders.
Registrations so far...