She Bikes Chains and Derailleurs
Tue. Oct 1, 2019 6:30pm to 9:00pm
In this hands-on class, you’ll learn the fundamentals of drivetrain and shifting mechanics. Our step-by-step instructions will help you get your bike to shift and pedal more smoothly. You’ll learn how to properly maintain and adjust your drivetrain and shifting system.
This class, offered through She Bikes, is open solely to all self-identifying women and non-binary folks.
Learn how to:
- Identify the parts of your drivetrain
- Clean and lube your drivetrain
- Inspect your drivetrain for common wear patterns and know when to replace parts
- Adjust your front and rear derailleurs
- Troubleshoot shifting problems
- Small class size and low instructor to student ratios allow you to learn in a patient and supportive environment.
Class Size: minimum: 5, maximum: 8 (If you prefer a smaller class size, the June session is limited to 4 students.)
Price: member $35, non-member $40
Duration: 2.5 hours
How to prepare: Bring your bike as you will be working on your own bike.
Location: Cascade Bicycle Club, 7787 62nd Ave. NE Seattle, WA 98115. We are located right off of the Burke Gilman Trail at Magnuson Park.
Bike Parking: Bike racks available outside the building as well as limited indoor space.
|Label||Price||Youth Price (1-12)|