Cascade Training Series (CTS)
- Do you want the skills to ride safely in large groups?
- Are you relatively new to cycling?
- Have you ridden a major event before but want to do better this year?
- Looking for friends who are also planning on some of Cascade's Major Rides?
…then the Cascade Training Series is for you!
- New routes and an additional training plan that will help you build strength and endurance throughout CTS.
- CTS can be purchased as a "stand alone" event. This is a great opportunity for riders who are unsure of the event they want to ride. The training focus will still be STP/RSVP so the distances and elevation gain will be appropriate to those events.
- Please Note: All CTS rides will be on Saturdays in 2017.
You will be trained in group and safe riding skills that are essential for all cyclists, and of particular value in large events. You will get to know riders at your pace level and can make plans to ride events with them.
Since there are limited CTS spots available, we recommend you register early. Members-only registration opens in January. Not a member? Join today to participate in CTS and take advantage of our many other member benefits. Please read CTS Refund Policy.
Rides & Outreach Director
DIY training program for the STP
To design your own personal training program, go to our Daily Rides Page and read the Information for Newcomers and view the Ride Classifications. Then, using the STP Suggested Mileage Chart, check out our rides calendar and select the Daily Rides that fit your needs. You can also contact the ride leaders listed on individual ride listings if you have questions about whether particular rides are suitable for you.