If you are new, please read our newcomer information.
This is a popular route from our Cascade Training Series (CTS) that we're offering as a Free Group Ride in celebration of Mother's Day weekend.
Why should you join us?
- We start along the beautiful Cedar River Trail, isolated from car traffic.
- A few short climbs in the Cedar Grove area.
- Morning break at Lake Wilderness Park in Maple Valley.
- Enjoy watching paragliders as we ride past Poo Poo Point en route to Issaquah.
- Lunch stop at Safeway in Issaquah. Purchase food, or bring your own.
- Challenge yourself to a climb up Newport Way, and enjoy a glorious downhill reward to Factoria.
- Lake Washington views as we cross I-90 and Mercer Island, and ride south along Lake Washington boulevard.
- If you're feeling wealthy, pick yourself up a new 737 as we return past Renton Municipal Airport!
We aim to ride promptly at 8:00am, so please plan to arrive by 7:45am so you have time to sign in, hear the safety briefing, and be ready to roll.
Please register in advance (it's FREE!) so we have an idea how many riders to expect and can have enough ride leaders to support you. If you end up being unable to join us, no need to unregister.
We hope the weather will be perfect, but in case it's pouring or otherwise miserable or unsafe riding conditions, a cancellation notice will be posted in the comments below by 6:00am.