Error messageThe start time of the group ride is in the past.
Snohomish - pretty rural route
If you are new, please read our newcomer information.
How to find us? From Hwy 9: Head east on 2nd Ave in Snohomish. After the TL of Pine Ave, almost immediately turn right on (tiny) Cypress Ave. Then turn immediately left (road goes down - you can't see the park): https://ridewithgps.com/routes/28848639 From Hwy 2: Turn left on 88th St SE, turn left onto Cypress Rd - if you are at the TL with Pine Ave, then you are too far, immediately turn left (road goes down - you can't see the park): https://ridewithgps.com/routes/28848652
There is no restroom at the start! There is a public bathroom on 1st St.
Route: This route will wake you up right from the start, but it's so pretty. It climbs towards a nice view over the Snohomish Valley, through the Three Lake area and down to the first rest stop at mile 15 at the Machias Trailhead Park (restrooms, water). Back in the saddle you will quickly warm up again and pass the very old Machias cemetery. You can relax a bit on a less frequently used portion of the Centennial Trail while we head north. We briefly stop to admire Lake Cassidy and then glide into Lake Stevens where you will find the second rest stop at Lundeen Park (restrooms and water) on the shore of Lake Stevens (mile 25). Next we follow the bike lane through Lake Stevens and wide roads through an upscale neighborhood before descending back to the Centennial Trail, a lap Dubuque from a less traveled approach and then pedal along the peaceful Pilchuck River to finalize the ride for a total of 40.9 miles with 2,379 ft of elevation (per RWGPS)
- Please be ready to ride at least 10 minutes before the start of the ride to check off your name or sign the waiver and be part of the safety briefing.
- If the roads are wet or there is rain in the forecast, please respect the rider behind you by having fenders that cover your tire to about 2 inches from the ground.
- Riders have to be independent when they have a flat and/or mechanical. Bring a charged cellphone if possible.
- Cue sheets are not provided at the start; print your own copy.
- Your registration on this website is appreciated. Use the REGISTER button at the top of this page. You don't need to be a member of the club, but you do have to create an account.
- Steady rain or other unsafe conditions cancels the ride. If the ride is canceled, it will be posted by 07:00 am in the comment section below. In that case the ride leaders will not be at the start.
Check the links below. You'll find links to the routes for this week, a link with information for new riders to the club, for bringing a minor or for becoming a ride leaders.