Error messageThe start time of the group ride is in the past.
CANCELLED - Newport Hills to Tunnel Ride
If you are new, please read our newcomer information.
Let's ride to the Tunnel Ride! We will try to stay together during the Tunnel Ride so that we can return by the same route together. That said, please be prepared to return on your own if you get separated from the group.
Cut the drive, enjoy free and easy parking, extend the ride, see Seattle landmarks and have fun! It will be a fairly dark and quiet Sunday morning, so a working front and rear light is recommended to be on this ride!
We will return by the same route.
The Tunnel Ride: Ride inside the new SR99 Tunnel before it opens to cars & ride a car-free Alaskan Way Viaduct for one last time before it is demolished! Two loops for a total of 12.5 miles and 800ft of elevation (so it's not flat), but oh so much fun and you can take all the time you need. Registration is required (see link below).
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE TO REGISTER (IN ADVANCE) FOR THE TUNNEL RIDE.
PLEASE DOWNLOAD OR PRINT THE ROUTE IN CASE YOU GET SEPARATED DURING THE TUNNEL RIDE. WE WILL HAVE A REGROUP POINT AT THE END OF THE RIDE. THE RWGPS ROUTE INCLUDES THE RETURN TO NEWPORT HILLS.
Very important to know:
- Since we leave at sunrise, a working rear and front light is recommended to be on this ride.
- We will try to stay together for the tunnel ride, but if you get separated, be prepared to return on your own.
- Please be ready to ride 10 minutes before the published start time to participate in the safety and ride briefing.
- Optional, but appreciated: Please sign an e-waiver by clicking on the “Register Now” button. You have to create an account, but you don't have to become a member or pay.
- Pouring rain or other unsafe conditions will cancels the ride. If that happens, it will be announced in the comments section below at least two hours before start time and the Ride Leader will not be at the start.
- If the roads are wet or there is rain in the forecast, please be courteous to the rider behind you and have a long rear fender.