Error messageThe start time of the group ride is in the past.
Northgate Transit Center to the Tunnel Ride - One way - Moderate
If you are new, please read our newcomer information.
Invitation: Cut the drive, enjoy free and easy parking, extend the ride, see Seattle landmarks and have fun!
Ride: It will be a dark and quiet Sunday morning, so a working front and rear light is mandatory to be on this ride! We will warm up with a short hill, enjoy a peaceful Green Lake, wake the Fremont Troll up, get counted on the Fremont Bridge, pedal along the Lake Washington Ship Canal, see some railroad industry, enjoy gorgeous views of the sunrise along Elliott bay, see a tourist free International Fountain, stare at the Space Needle and suddenly we'll be surrounded by lots of other cyclist on this early Sunday morning - yes, we'll all be riding the Tunnel Ride; this will be your first chance to ride inside the new SR99 Tunnel and last chance to ride on the Alaskan Way Viaduct!!
The Tunnel Ride: Ride inside the new SR99 Tunnel before it opens to cars & ride a car-free Alaskan Way Viaduct for one last time before it is demolished! Two loops for a total of 12.5 miles and 800ft of elevation (so it's not flat), but oh so much fun and you can take all the time you need. Registration is required (see link below).
Note: This ride only takes you to the Tunnel ride.
You are responsible to register (in advance) for the Tunnel ride and get back to the Northgate TC.
Very important to know:
- Since we leave before sunrise, a working rear and front light is required to be on this ride.
- We will meet at the south end of the Park & Ride at the corner of 3rd Ave NE and NE 100th St. (see red pointer on the map)
- This is a one-way ride. You enjoy the Tunnel Ride at your pace, and return to the Northgate TC on your own.
- Please be ready to ride 10 minutes before the published start time to participate in the safety and ride briefing.
- Optional, but appreciated: Please sign an e-waiver by clicking on the “Register Now” button. You have to create an account, but you don't have to become a member or pay.
- Pouring rain or other unsafe conditions will cancels the ride. If that happens, it will be announced in the comments section below at least two hours before start time and the Ride Leader will not be at the start.
- If the roads are wet or there is rain in the forecast, please be courteous to the rider behind you and have a long rear fender.
- Below you will find some helpful links.