Middle & High Schools
All May long: the Bike to School Challenge!
Thanks for participating in the 2017 Bike to School Challenge!
Coordinator’s and participants - submit your minutes HERE.
The Bike to School Challenge is great for new riders, providing the support and incentive to make the transition to regular bike commuting smooth, easy and fun! Experienced people who bike often relish the competition that comes with tracking bike trips and the chance to convince classmates to ride. By riding a bike, students can reduce their carbon footprint, improve their health and arrive at school awake and ready to learn! Students can plan routes ahead of time, organize friends for a group ride, try to earn prizes and most importantly have fun!
Bike to School Day is Wednesday, May 10, 2017! Join thousands of other riders across the country on Bike to School Day.
Middle and high school students should register for the Bike to School month challenge here on the Cascade website. Once registered students should keep track of their daily minutes ridden. One tool for keeping tracking of minutes is our Middle and High School Bike to School Challenge Tracking Calendar which can be printed at home or school and used on a daily basis. At the end of the month, students should return to the Cascade website to enter their total minutes ridden for the month of May. Through registering for the Bike to School Month Challenge, students are instantly entered into a raffle for prizes.
Important reminders about registration:
- Students younger than 14 must register with a parent or guardian
- Students should get permission from their parents to submit their email and/or phone numbers while registering
- Registration information will only be used for Bike to School related communication and tracking
At the end of the month, we will review the totals, announce winners and award prizes!
With your help, we look forward to exceeding one million minutes in motion this year!
Registration coming soon.
School registration & leadership
Volunteer coordinators should register their school for the Bike to School Month Challenge. Volunteer coordinators can work in partnership with the school to encourage student sign-ups and do event promotion. Cascade provides a ‘starter kit’ which includes promotional materials and information for further support. Explore the Bike to School Resources below for more information and materials. Please contact Ryan at [email protected] for more information.
- Tips for Helmet Fitting
- How Children See Traffic
- 2017 Sample Bike to School Newsletter Announcement
- 2017 Sample Bike to School Registration Letter
- 2017 Bike to School Day Poster (PDF)
- 2017 Bike to School Challenge Calendar for Elementary Schools (PDF)
- 2017 Bike to School Challenge Calendar for Middle and High Schools (PDF)
- 2017 Bike to School Postcard