Course Title: Fix-a-Flat
Learn this simple and important skill to minimize delays the next time you find yourself with a flat tire. We’ll help you with wheel and tire removal, patching a tube and putting it all back together.
Learn how to avoid flat tires and which tools to carry for a speedy repair. Our class is hands-on, so you will have the opportunity to practice repairing the tire on your bike.
You’ll go home with a patch kit, and a step by step guide for your next encounter with a flat tire.
- Feel confident in your ability to change a flat tire on your bike
- Understand more about bike parts and their functions as they relate to fixing a flat
- Bike parts related to wheels and tires
- The importance of tire pressure
- Common causes of flats and how to avoid them
- Wheel removal and reinstallation
- Locating a puncture patching a tube reinflation
Class Size: minimum: 5, maximum: 12
Price: member $30, non-member $35
Duration: 2 hours
How to prepare: Bring your bike as you will be practicing changing a flat tire on your own bike.
Location: Cascade Bicycle Club, 7787 62nd Ave. NE Seattle, WA 98115. We are located right off of the Burke Gilman Trail at Magnuson Park.
Bike Parking: Bike racks available outside the building as well as limited indoor space.
Other classes you may be interested in: Chains and Derailleurs; Brakes, Wheels, and Tires; riding classes
Refund Policy: Refunds are only processed if the class is cancelled due to insufficient enrollment.