Emerald City Ride presented by Kaiser Permanente
Sunday, April 8, 2018
A new once-in-a-lifetime route!
Join 7,000+ of your friends for the third edition of the Emerald City Ride presented by Kaiser Permanente. This year's route will be another once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, giving registered riders the opportunity to bike on the SR 99 Viaduct and I-5 Express Lanes, both closed to vehicle traffic.
Choose from a 12-mile full loop or 3-mile out and back on the Viaduct. Both routes will have views that can't be beat and access to roads normally not available to people riding bicycles. This ride is intended to be accessible to everyone who enjoys riding a bicycle!
Registered riders will receive a commemorative souvenir as a giveaway and we will have t-shirts available for purchase. Both routes are fully supported and the longer route will feature a rest stop with tasty treats. Ride details.
Who does your registration support?
Did you know the Emerald City Ride presented by Kaiser Permanente is a fundraiser? Your Emerald City Ride ride registration makes Washington a better place for people riding bikes:
- You are championing better and safer bicycle infrastructure.
- You are providing bicycle education programs for children, families, school groups and everyone else who wants to ride a bike.
- You are empowering youth from diverse communities through the Major Taylor Project.
- You are making it possible for Cascade to offer over 2,500 free group rides every year.
- Ultimately, you are getting more people on bikes.
Our events are made possible with support from the local communities through which we ride. A special thanks to our partners who are helping make this amazing event possible: Washington State Department of Transportation and the City of Seattle.
Gift Registrations for this are available! Share the joy of bicycling with your friends and family!