Host your own F5 Bike Everywhere Day Celebration Station
F5 Bike Everywhere Day is a huge community event, put on largely by volunteer station hosts like you! A DIY (do-it-yourself) Celebration Station is a simple and fun way to support and celebrate bicyclists in your community. You bring creativity and excitement. Cascade Bicycle Club provides some simple guidelines, some giveaways, and a basic DIY toolkit. Together, we're improving lives through bicycling!
Register a celebration station by clicking here.
If you have any questions about Bike Everywhere Month, please contact us at [email protected].
What’s new for 2018:
F5 Bike Everywhere Day is the mid-month peak event for Bike Everywhere Month. We’re celebrating all types of bicycling this year - riding for fun, commuting to work, and biking for everyday transportation. 2018 is all about getting new stations in more areas around Washington State, so get in touch if you've never seen a station near you and we can help make that happen!
- You cannot sell anything.
- No alcohol onsite.
- Your station can't block automobile, bicycle, or pedestrian traffic.
- Bicyclists need to be able to pull over safely to your station.
Step by Step Instructions:
1. Pick a spot. Chose a great location where you regularly see cyclists. Your station should allow for safe access: don't block sidewalks, trails or traffic. Make sure cyclists can cyclists can pull over safely to visit your station.
2. Pick a time. The most popular time for hosting Celebration Stations is 6 - 9 a.m., to catch morning commuters. However, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m., during lunchtime, and 4 - 7 p.m., during the evening commute, are also great options. Any time when you are able to set up a station for at least two hours and think you will catch some cyclists out and about is perfect.
3. Have fun with it! Come up with some creative ideas to make your booth engaging. Some sample ideas:
- Ask a local store to donate cupcakes.
- Play a bike-related game.
- Create a map of visiting cyclists and their routes.
- Sign a thank you note to your elected officials.
4. Register with Cascade Bicycle Club. To register your 2018 Celebration Station, fill out this webform by May 11, and we'll add your station to our 2018 interactive map when it's posted. Feel free to email us with any questions at [email protected].
5. Promote your station. We'll list all Celebration Stations on our website, but it's important to reach out to your community as well. Alert your neighborhood blog, invite your neighbors to roll by and post our downloadable flyer (coming soon) in local businesses.
6. Share your success. Let us know how it went with photos, data or feedback. Email us at [email protected].
- Keep a tally of how many people come by your station.
- Take photos of your station and share them with us via email or on social media with the hashtag #BikeEverywhere and share with @cascadebicycle.
- Collect stories, quotes and memories of the day.
How Cascade can support your station:
Details coming soon
Interested in further supporting Cascade's mission? Join us. We invite you to join Cascade in creating better communities through bicycling.