Host your own Bike Everywhere Day Celebration Station
Bike Everywhere Day is a huge community event, put on largely by volunteer station hosts like you! This year's event falls on Friday, May 17, and hosting a DIY (do-it-yourself) Celebration Station is a simple and fun way to support and celebrate bicyclists in your community. You bring the creativity and excitement, Cascade Bicycle Club will provide some simple guidelines, some giveaways, and a basic DIY toolkit. Together, we're improving lives through bicycling!
click here to rEGISTER YOUR Celebration Station
BEFORE THE MAY 10TH DEADLINE!
Thanks to everyone who got on board this year. If you have any questions about Bike Everywhere Month 2019, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is Bike Everywhere Day?
Bike Everywhere Day is the mid-month peak event for Bike Everywhere Month. We’re celebrating all types of bicycling this year - riding for fun, commuting to work, and biking for everyday transportation. 2019 is all about getting new stations in more areas around Washington State, so get in touch if you've never seen a station near you and we can help make that happen!
- You cannot sell anything.
- No alcohol onsite (unless you have a license for it).
- Your station can't block automobile, bicycle, or pedestrian traffic.
- Bicyclists need to be able to pull over safely to your station.
How do does it work?
Step by Step Instructions:
1. Pick a spot. Chose a great location where you regularly see cyclists. Your station should allow for safe access: don't block sidewalks, trails or traffic. Make sure cyclists can pull over safely to visit your station. If the spot you want is taken, don't fret, consider teaming up with the group that has that location reserved. Stations can be made up of multiple groups, organizations or even companies, and there is no restriction on station size or number of attendants!
2. Pick a time. The most popular time for hosting Celebration Stations is 6 - 9 a.m., to catch morning commuters. However, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m., during lunchtime, and 4 - 7 p.m., during the evening commute, are also great options. You are more than welcome to host an all-day station, as long as it overlaps two of those time slots. Any time when you are able to set up a station for at least two hours and think you will catch some cyclists out and about is perfect.
3. Have fun with it! Come up with some creative ideas to make your booth engaging. Some sample ideas:
- Ask a local store to donate cupcakes.
- Play a bike-related game.
- Create a map of visiting cyclists and their routes.
- Sign a thank you note to your elected officials.
4. Register with Cascade Bicycle Club. To register your 2019 Celebration Station, fill out the official webform before the May 10th deadline, and we'll add your station to our 2019 interactive map when it's posted. In the meantime, check out the 2018 interactive map for inspiration! And feel free to email us with any registration questions at email@example.com.
5. Promote your station. We'll list all Celebration Stations on our website, but it's important to reach out to your community as well. Alert your neighborhood blog, invite your neighbors to roll by and post our downloadable flyer (coming soon) in local businesses.
6. Share your success. Let us know how it went with photos, data or feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Keep a tally of how many people come by your station.
- Take photos of your station and share them with us via email or on social media with the hashtag #WABikeEverywhere and share with @cascadebicycle.
- Collect stories, quotes and memories of the day.
Click here to download your official Bike Everywhere Day Celebration Station signage
Interested in further supporting Cascade's mission? Join us. We invite you to join Cascade in creating better communities through bicycling.
Thanks to our sponsors