Host your own F5 Bike Everywhere Day Celebration Station
F5 Bike Everywhere Day is a huge community event, put on largely by volunteer station hosts like you! A DIY (do-it-yourself) Celebration Station is a simple and fun way to support and celebrate bicyclists in your community. You bring creativity and excitement. Cascade Bicycle Club provides some simple guidelines, some giveaways, and a basic DIY toolkit. Together, we're improving lives through bicycling!
Last day to register your Celebration Station is Wednesday, May 11.
What’s new for 2016:
F5 Bike to Work Day is now called F5 Bike Everywhere Day. We’re celebrating all types of bicycling this year - riding for fun, commuting to work, and biking for everyday transportation. In the same spirit, Commute Stations are now called Celebration Stations.
- You cannot sell anything.
- No alcohol onsite.
- Your station can't block automobile, bicycle, or pedestrian traffic.
- Bicyclists need to be able to pull over safely to your station.
Step by Step Instructions:
1. Pick a spot. Chose a great location where you regularly see cyclists. Your station should allow for safe access: don't block sidewalks, trails or traffic. Make sure cyclists can cyclists can pull over safely to visit your station.
2. Pick a time. The most popular time for hosting Celebration Stations is 6 - 9 a.m., to catch morning commuters. However, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m., during lunchtime, and 4 - 7 p.m., during the evening commute, are also great options. Any time when you are able to set up a station for at least two hours and think you will catch some cyclists out and about is perfect.
3. Have fun with it! Come up with some creative ideas to make your booth engaging. Some sample ideas:
- Ask a local store to donate cupcakes.
- Play a bike-related game.
- Create a map of visiting cyclists and their routes.
- Sign a thank you note to your elected officials.
4. Contact Cascade Bicycle Club. To register your Celebration Station, fill out this webform and we'll add your station to our interactive map. Feel free to email us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Promote your station. We'll list all Celebration Stations on our website, but it's important to reach out to your community as well. Alert your neighborhood blog, invite your neighbors to roll by and post our downloadable flyer (coming soon) in local businesses.
6. Share your success. Let us know how it went with photos, data or feedback. Email us at email@example.com.
- Keep a tally of how many people come by your station.
- Take photos of your station and share them with us via email or on social media with the hashtag #BikeEverywhere.
- Collect stories, quotes and memories of the day.
How Cascade can support your station:
- Downloadable Bike Everywhere Month poster and flyer here
- $50 Safeway gift card for station supplies: Cascade wants to support volunteer station hosts and ensure a great experience for all riders on F5 Bike Everywhere Day. We can mail you a $50 Safeway gift card for purchasing fruit, doughnuts, juice, posters, tape, etc. and other supplies for your station (must register before May 2).
Station materials: Limited supplies of basic station materials (F5 Bike Everywhere Day signs, mini Clif bars, small F5 Bike Everywhere Day souvenirs for riders, print materials) available for pick-up from the Cascade Bicycle Club office in Magnuson Park on May 18th, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m., or by appointment.
Interested in further supporting Cascade's mission? Join us. We invite you to join Cascade in creating better communities through bicycling.