Women Bike: Advice column
Women Bike Advice Column
As women, there are a lot of topics relating to cycling comfort which are either not frequently talked about or just too embarrassing to ask a male salesperson at the local bike shop. Topics like: “I’m hurting down there” or “Do you have any tips about riding while menstruating?” or “Why can’t I find cycling clothes that fit?” You get the idea: personal, women-specific and potentially awkward to explain. We’ll do our best in addressing these topics here.
- Cycling while on your period
- Saddle sores
- Sports bras
- Bibs versus shorts
- Helmet hair styles
- What are women-specific products?
- Cycling for weight loss
- Riding while pregnant
- Bike hacks
Basic riding, nutrition, training, maintenance and gear tips:
- Hill Climbing tips
- Riding in the rain
- Info for beginners
- Commute and riding classes
Women's cycling/riding groups:
- Critical Lass Seattle - Easy, social bike rides for ladies around Seattle
- Cycle the WAVE: Annual woman-only bicycle ride hosted in Bellevue on Sept 20, 2015. Join over 1000 fellow woman, enjoying four different routes suitable for every style of bicyclist.
- Menstrual Mondays - Monthy fun, social rides for ladies around Seattle
- Rainier Riders - group of African American cyclist from the greater Seattle/Tacoma/Everett area with a goal is to bring better health and better living through cycling.
- Seattle Sirens - bringing women together to have fun while getting fit and making lasting friendships
- Team Group Health - the largest women's bike racing team in the Pacific Northwest
- Washington Women of Cross - a cyclocross race series to grow the sport of cyclocross among women
- Women's bike racing in the Pacific Northwest
Riding with the whole family:
- FamilyBike - Nonprofit organization supporting Seattle families in getting around town by bicycle
- Family Ride blog - bicycling supermom
- Kidical Mass - A fun, safe, easy-going, and law-abiding family bike ride for kids of all ages.
- Cascade's youth programming