Chains and Derailleurs
Course Title: Chains and Derailleurs
Learn basic methods for working on chains and derailleurs that will keep your drivetrain and shifting system in tip top shape. We’ll cover chain maintenance, derailleur adjustment and troubleshooting system problems. This is a hands-on-your-bike class, so bring it along with a multitool if you’ve got one -- we will have tools available if you don’t. You will go home with a smoother shifting bike and our new refresher how-to guide booklet.
- Feel confident in your ability to adjust your bike's shifting systems
- Understand more about bike parts and their functions as it relates to drivetrains and shifting systems
- Bike parts related to drivetrains and shifting systems
- The importance of chain maintenance and monitoring chain wear
- The importance of maintaining shift cables and how to assess their condition
- Common drivetrain wear patterns and how to know when to replace parts
- Derailleur adjustments
Class Size: minimum: 5, maximum: 8
Price: member $35, non-member $40
Duration: 2.5 hours
How to prepare: Bring your bike as you will be working on your own bike.
Location: Cascade Bicycle Club, 7787 62nd Ave. NE Seattle, WA 98115. We are located right off of the Burke Gilman Trail at Magnuson Park.
Bike Parking: Bike racks available outside the building as well as limited indoor space.
Other classes you may be interested in: Disc Brakes, Wheels, and Tires; Brakes, Wheels, and Tires; Fix-a-Flat: riding classes
Refund Policy: Refunds are only processed if the class is cancelled due to insufficient enrollment.