Brakes, Wheels and Tires
This is an essential class for any Pacific Northwest rider with rim brakes. Reliable braking and traction are crucial for safe riding. Learn how to prevent serious problems and make minor and major adjustments to any rim-brake bike.
Learn how to:
- Inspect and inflate your tires
- Inspect and clean your rims
- Inspect your wheels
- Identify your brake type and parts
- Inspect, clean, and replace your brake pads
- Adjust your front and rear brakes
- Small class size and low instructor to student ratio allow you to learn the specifics of your braking system.
Class Size: minimum: 5, maximum: 8 (If you prefer a smaller class size, the September session is limited to 4 students.)
Price: member $35, non-member $40
Duration: 2.5 hours
How to prepare: Bring your bike as you will be practicing these techniques on your own bike.
Location: Cascade Bicycle Club, 7787 62nd Ave. NE Seattle, WA 98115. We are located right off of the Burke Gilman Trail at Magnuson Park.
Bike Parking: Bike racks available outside the building as well as limited indoor space.
Other classes you may be interested in: Chains and Derailleurs; Disc Brakes, Wheels, and Tires; Fix-a-Flat; Maintenance for Every Rider; riding classes