Brakes, Wheels and Tires
Course Title: Brakes, Wheels and Tires
Learn basic methods for working on various types of rim brakes. We’ll cover rim care and cleaning, brake pad inspection, cleaning, adjustment and replacement. We’ll also cover how to inspect spokes for correct tension and tires for wear. Bring your bike and any tools you have -- we’ll have tools on hand if you don’t. Take home our new refresher guide booklet for your ongoing home repairs.
- Feel confident in your ability to assess the condition of your brakes and adjust them accordingly
- Learn how to change and adjust your brake pads
- Understand more about wheels and tires and their functions in relation to other bicycle systems
- Bike parts related to brakes, wheels and tires
- The importance of regular brake maintenance
- Common problems with braking systems and how to avoid them
- Wheel removal and reinstallation
- Assessing the condition of tires and wheels
Class Size: minimum: 5, maximum: 8
Price: member $35, non-member $40
Duration: 2.5 hours
How to prepare: Bring your bike as you will be practicing changing a flat tire on your own bike.
Location: Cascade Bicycle Club, 7787 62nd Ave. NE Seattle, WA 98115. We are located right off of the Burke Gilman Trail at Magnuson Park.
Bike Parking: Bike racks available outside the building as well as limited indoor space.
Other classes you may be interested in: Chains and Derailleurs; Disc Brakes, Wheels, and Tires; Fix-a-Flat; riding classes
Refund Policy: Refunds are only processed if the class is cancelled due to insufficient enrollment.