Cascade is a great place to work, intern and volunteer. We thank you for your interest. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
- For upcoming volunteer opportunities, visit cascade.org/volunteer.
Accounting & HR Clerk
The Accounting & HR Clerk is part of Cascade’s Finance and Operations Department, which supports all activities of Cascade Bicycle Club. The Accounting & HR Clerk must love numbers and be attentive to detail, responsive to queries, able to track and maintain HR files, proactive and willing to take on additional duties as needed in support of an excellent team. The Accounting & HR Clerk completes work for both Cascade Bicycle Club (c3) and Washington Bikes (c4). This position reports to the Accounting Manager and is a .5 FTE hourly position that pays between $18-$21/hour.
- Process accounts payable - compile, enter and process payment
- Process accounts receivable - invoice, collect and prepare deposits
- Reconcile credit card statements
- Process event refunds
- Reconcile online and manual sales
- Import and export files using Excel and Financial Edge
- Ensure accurate posting of c3 and c4 income and expenses for compliance with IRS requirements
- Perform filing and general administrative tasks
- Cashier at events
- Support all accounting functions
- Maintain employee records and accounts
- Orient new employees
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Some evening and weekend work is required
CONTEXT IN ORGANIZATION
The Finance & Operations Department is home to finance, human resources, organizational development, technology, customer service and physical facilities functions. Guided by the values of efficiency, productivity and continuous improvement, the Finance & Operations team partners with and provides support for the other departments at Cascade to create a great work environment, optimizing performance and maximizing engagement across the entire organization and ensuring scrupulous compliance with requirements related to operating both a c3 and a c4 organization.
- Administrative support experience, including one year equivalent to an Accounting Assistant, involving posting financial data to ledgers, preparing invoices, reviewing and coding financial information, and maintaining account balances.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and handle a variety of different tasks to support the organization as a whole
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience working with a database interface (Drupal, Civi, and Salesforce experience preferred) and fast, efficient data entry skills
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with employees in different roles and with varying skill sets
- Proactive problem solver
- An interest and commitment to Cascade Bicycle Club’s mission
- Excellent planning and organizational skills and high level attention to detail
- Ability to operate desktop computer, including word processing, spreadsheet, database, and specialized software applications in a network environment
- Experience with 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4) organizations preferred
Why should you work for Cascade?
- Employer sponsored health, dental, vision and life insurance coverage
- Matching contributions to a retirement account
- Beautiful office on the shores of Lake Washington with easy access off the Burke-Gilman Trail
- Cash incentive for commuting by bike
- Office-wide winter recess between December 25 and January 1
- Free entry and guest pass on some Cascade rides
- Fun and passionate co-workers
- Meaningful work making Washington state a better place for bicycling
Submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references all in a single PDF document to email@example.com. Please mention how you heard about this position.
Position is open until filled.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATIONS
Cascade Bicycle Club, the nation’s largest statewide bicycle organization, is powered by 17,000 members and serves bike riders of all ages and abilities throughout the Puget Sound region and across Washington state. With a mission to improve lives through bicycling, we deliver community and school-based education programs, grassroots organizing workshops, free group rides, world-class events and more. Our signature programs include events like the STP and RSVP; advocacy work like Connect Puget Sound; and education programs like Basics of Bicycling, the Major Taylor Project and more. Learn more at cascade.org.
Washington Bikes grows bicycling all across the state of Washington every day. We advocate for bicyclists’ rights, endorse political candidates, and hold officials accountable at every level of government, working with them to shape the policies that will make bicycling a safe, accessible form of transportation, travel and recreation. Through our efforts we increase funding to build and maintain bicycle facilities; provide tools for local advocates to improve their communities; and promote the health, safety, and economic benefits of bicycling. Our work and that of our many partner organizations means more people biking all across Washington, the #1 Bicycle Friendly State in America! Learn more at WAbikes.org.