UPDATE July 11 - ALL transportation is sold out. This means before the event Portland to Seattle on Friday and all three return days and Bike Only after the event.
Flying in? Our presenting sponsor, Alaska Airlines, is offering discount flights to registered riders. More information here.
Pre-event (Friday) Transportation:
Portland to Seattle
The Portland Wheelmen Touring Club (PWTC) offers Friday transportation from Portland to Seattle. Buses and trucks depart from the DoubleTree Hotel Lloyd Center (across from STP finish line). Weekend parking passes are also available for purchase. The bus drops at the University of Washington dorms (adjacent to the start line). [Learn more]
Portland to Seattle
Tranportation Options available for purchase during or after registration (add-on instructions)
- Bus Transportation- $65 subject to availability
- Transporation for you and your bike
- Choice of Saturday, Sunday or Monday transportation
- Transportation is refundable according to our refund policy
- Transporation is only valid for the day indicated during purchase: Standby may be available day of event, no gaurantees.
2. Bike Only Transportation- $40 subject to availability
- Tranportation for your bike back to Seattle
- Tandem riders must purchase two bike only tickets
- Transporation is refundable according to our refund policy
3. Bike Storage- $10/day
- Available for purchase during registration or when you pick up your bike
- Charged to any bike left at the UW bike corral after 7 p.m. on Monday
- Any available transportation can be purchased at packet pickup or the finish line, not at the start line.
- Quantities are limited and often sell out. Do not wait to purchase.
- Cascade Bicycle Club does not provide any insurance to cover damages occurred in transport. If you have concerns in this regard, do not use the bike transport service or buy trip insurance!
- No refunds or replacements will be given for unused or lost tickets.
Bus/Bike Loading at Finish Line
NE 9th Ave; between NE Multnomah and NE Holladay
*Please load your bike as soon as possible at the Finish Line to avoid transporation delays. Leave your bike number afixed to your bike and you will need your rider bib to pick it up in Seattle.
Bike Loading: 4-9 p.m.
Bus Loading: 7-9 p.m. (buses depart as full and will not wait for riders)
*Saturday bikes are not available for pickup in Seattle until Sunday 10 a.m.
Bike Loading: 12:30- 7 p.m.
Bus Loading: 12:30-7 p.m. (buses depart as full and will not wait for riders)
*Load your bike as soon as you finish. You do not have to load the bus at the same time that you load the bike. The later you load your bike, the longer you wait for it in Seattle.
Bike Loading: load your bike on Sunday on the truck marked Monday. Follow the times listed above.
Bus Loading: 8:30-10 a.m. in the breezeway of Double Tree. Buses depart as full and the last one leaves promptly at 10 a.m.
Please load your bicycle on the trucks as early as possible and keep the ride number affixed to your bicycle. Keep your bib number in your possession to retrieve your bicycle at the University of Washington before 11 p.m. on Sunday or by 7 p.m. on Monday. Unclaimed bicycles will be taken to the Cascade Bicycle Club office at 7787 62nd Ave NE and will incur a $10 per day storage and handling fee. Bicycles can be picked up beginning Tuesday and available from 10 a.m.- 5 p.m.
Bike Pickup Seattle
Located in the North end of the University of Washington E-1 parking lot that was used for the start line. Use the Northern most entrance to retrieve your bike and avoid paying for the lot.
Seattle Bike Corral Hours:
Sunday: 10 a.m.- 10 p.m. (or until arrival of last truck from Portland)
Monday: 10 a.m.- 7 p.m.
*Any bike left in the corral at 7 p.m. on Monday will be transported to Cascade Bicycle Club and subject to a $10/day storage fee payable by cash or credit card at the time of retrieval.
Bike Arrival Estimates:
Estimated bike arrival times
Bicycle trucks hold 200+ bikes (four buses!) and can only leave when full. This is why you load your bike immediately after you finish to avoid wait times:
Saturday one day riders - bikes by 10 a.m. Sunday
Sunday from finish line - bikes from 6 - 11 p.m. (estimate only, be prepared to wait)
Monday truck (loaded on Sunday) - bikes by 10 a.m. Monday
After Monday 7 p.m. all bikes will be stored at Cascade Bicycle Club and incur a $10/day fee
Cascade Bicycle Club
7787 62nd Ave NE
Seattle, WA 98115
Enter Magnuson Park at NE 74th St (main entrance). Take your 2nd RIGHT, then your first LEFT. At the stop sign continue STRAIGHT, underneath the NOAA overpass. Turn LEFT at the stop sign and Cascade Bicycle Club is in between the Waldorf School and Sail Sandpoint.