Alaska Airlines Discount
Alaska Airlines is pleased to provide discounted travel to 2019 Seattle to Portland. Fly Alaska Airlines to Everett (PAE), Portland (PDX) or Seattle (SEA) and save 10% on flights from any Alaska Airlines city in the U.S. or Canada (excluding Prudhoe Bay). Simply click here and travel between July 10, 2019 and July 16, 2019.
Book by July 16, 2019. The discount is automatically applied. Restrictions apply. See site for details.
Book your flight to the STP with Alaska Airlines and pay only $30 to fly with your bike!
Alaska Airlines has an awesome bike policy. Sport equipment like a bike now flies for the same price as a checked bag, $30! SEA-TAC Airport also has a bike room with all the necessary tools to rebuild or break down your bike. If you need assistance in rebuilding your bike, we suggest you book an appointment with one of Seattle's many mobile bike shops, and they'll come to you.
Ship your bike with BikeFlights.com
Need to get your bike to Seattle? Use BikeFlights.com to ship your bike and gear there and back and save time, money and hassle instead of flying with your bike. BikeFlights.com offers convenient, reliable and affordable shipping. With BikeFlights.com’s Best Way Guarantee, you are guaranteed that your bike will arrive on schedule, and you get great customer support from fellow cyclists. Find rates and set up your shipping now via this custom STP page.
Arranged by Portland Bicycle Club - Portland to Seattle
Friday, July 12, 2019
Portland Bicycle Club is offering two ways to make reservations for the Friday Bus:
If you want to pay by check, send a $75 check and self-addressed, stamped envelope payable to: Portland Bicycle Club-STP bus
c/o Bill Hamilton 2650 Lexington Terrace West Linn, OR 97068
Offered by Portland Bicycle Club
Includes one-way transport for you and your bike
Bikes will be wrapped in moving blankets; they do not need to be broken down or boxed
DoubleTree Hotel- Lloyd Center 8:30 am
*Last bus departs at 10:00 am (no earlier/no later)
University of Washington dorms (see Start Lodging to reserve a room)
*Arrival by 1:30 pm (depending on your departure)
Weekend parking available at DoubleTree Hotel-Lloyd Center
You must include a self-addressed stamped envelope.
If you want overnight parking at the DoubleTree Hotel, include an additional $36.
Unlimited seating through July 5. After this date, email for space availability.
There will be NO REFUNDS. If for some reason you cannot use your reserved space on the bus, resale of your space is permitted, but it is yours to sell.
For additional information about the Portland to Seattle Friday bus, email Bill Hamilton at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (503) 778-0552. Friday bus confirmations and parking tickets will be returned in your self addressed and stamped envelope.
Arranged by Cascade Bicycle Club - Portland to Seattle
Transportation Options available for purchase during or after registration (add-on instructions)
- Bus Transportation- $75 (subject to availability)
- Transportation for you AND your bike.
- Choice of Saturday, Sunday or Monday returns.
- Transportation is non-refundable per our refund policy.
- Transportation is transferable to another rider up to 30 days before the event per our transfer policy. (Coming Soon)
2. Bike-Only Transportation- $45 (subject to availability)
- Transportation for your bike (only) back to Seattle.
- Tandem riders must purchase two bike only tickets.
- Bike only transportation is non-refundable per our refund policy.
- Bike only transportation is transferable to another rider up to 30 days before the event per our transfer policy. (Coming Soon)
- To upgrade to Bus/bike transportation, purchase the transportation and then email email@example.com to request a refund of the bike-only minus a $5 handling fee.
3. Bike Box Transport to Portland - $20
- One-way transportation for your personal bike box from Seattle (start line) to Portland
- Intended for riders flying or otherwise transporting their bikes
- Can be purchased online or at the STP packet pickup event
3. Bike Storage- $15/day
- Available for purchase during registration or when you pick up your bike.
- Charged to any bike left at the UW bike corral after 7 p.m. on Monday.
- This is a courtesy and the cost covers the truck, labor and storage.
- If available, transportation can be purchased at packet pickup or the finish line, not at the start line.
- Quantities are limited and often sell out. Do not wait to purchase.
- Cascade Bicycle Club does not provide any insurance to cover damages occurred in transport. If you have concerns in this regard, do not use the bike transport service, or buy trip insurance!
- No refunds or replacements will be given for unused or lost tickets.
NE 9th Ave; between NE Multnomah and NE Holladay
*Please load your bike as soon as possible at the finish line to avoid transportation delays. Leave your bike number affixed to your bike; you will need your rider bib to pick it up in Seattle.
Bike Loading: 5:00 - 9:00 pm
Bus Loading: 8:00 - 9:15 pm (buses depart as they fill, will not wait for riders)
*Saturday bikes are not available for pickup in Seattle until Sunday 10:00 am
Bike Loading: 12:30 - 6:30 pm
Bikes take longer to get to Seattle than buses due to traffic. Often, bikes arrive after bus arrival. Due to this, bikes are available for pickup on Monday at no extra charge.
Bus Loading: 12:30 - 7:00 pm
Buses depart when full and will not wait for riders
*Load your bike as soon as you finish.
You do not have to load the bus at the same time that you load your bike. The later you load your bike, the longer you wait for it in Seattle. Bike trucks will often not arrive at the University of Washington bike corral until after 9:00 p.m. You are welcome to pick up your bike on Monday 10:00 am to 7:00 pm at no charge instead of waiting. Yellow Penske trucks are loaded faster and arrive earlier to the University of Washington. Expect to wait if you load your bike at the same time you load the bus.
Bike Loading: Load your bike on Sunday on the truck marked Monday.
Bus Loading: 9:00 am on west side of Double Tree hotel. Buses depart when full and the last one leaves promptly at 9:30 am
Please load your bicycle on the trucks as early as possible and keep the ride number affixed to your bicycle. Keep your bib number in your possession to retrieve your bike. Unclaimed bicycles will be taken to the Cascade Bicycle Club office at 7787 62nd Ave NE and will incur a $15 per day storage and handling fee. Bicycles can be picked up beginning Tuesday and are available from 10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Monday-Friday.
Bike Pickup Seattle
University of Washington, E-18 parking lot (start line). Use the northern-most entrance to retrieve your bike and avoid paying for the lot.
Seattle Bike Corral Hours:
Sunday: 11:00 am - 11:00 pm (or until arrival of last truck from Portland)
Monday: 11:00 am - 7:00 pm
*Any bike left in the corral at 7:00 pm on Monday will be transported to Cascade Bicycle Club and is subject to a storage fee payable by cash or credit card at the time of retrieval. $15/day.
Saturday one-day riders - bikes available for pickup by 11:00 am Sunday
Sunday from finish line - bikes from 6:00 pm - 11:00 pm (estimate only, be prepared to wait)
Monday truck (loaded on Sunday) - Bikes by 10:00 am Monday
Bikes are available for pickup Mon-Fri from 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
After Friday by appointment only by calling 206-522-3222.
Cascade Bicycle Club
7787 62nd Ave NE
Seattle, WA 98115
Montlake Bicycle Shop
Montlake is a long time partner of STP and conveniently located close to the UW start line, they can offer both rental bikes and shipping/building services. If you are looking to ship your bike and have it built for you Montlake is the spot! There is a custom STP site on BikeFlights to make this process as easy as possible. For return service for both shipping and rentals you will need to purchase "Bike Only Transportation" for $40 with your registration.
**STP riders receive 10% off Pedal Anywhere services**
Bikes delivered by bike to your door! Pedal Anywhere offers road bike rentals (both drop and straight bar) at approx. $134 plus tax. This includes a 3-day rental, out of state waiver, and theft insurance. Your bike can be delivered on Friday to your lodging or before the ride on Saturday morning at the start line. You can ship your bike back to UW using STP's Bike Only ($45) service if you are not returning to Seattle after the ride.
For answers to any questions or more information check out their website. Reserve your bike today!