Advocacy Leadership Institute Application
The Fall 2017 Advocacy Leadership session will consist of two weekend retreats Participants hear from guest speakers, get training on how to plan campaigns, the power of your personal story, how to work with media and more. Following the retreats we will celebrate what everyone has learned with a graduation party.
Training Retreat Weekends:
Saturday, October 21 from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. Cascade Bicycling Center in Magnuson Park
Saturday, November 4 from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. Cascade Bicycling Center in Magnuson Park
There is an optional social hour after each of the retreat days to connect with your fellow cohort.
Graduation & Celebration: T.B.D.
Application materials are due by Friday, October 13 at 5 p.m.
Space is limited to 20 participants, you will be notified if you've been accepted by Monday, October 16 by 5 p.m.
Each participant is expected:
- Share their own personal story with the class
- Join a current campaign, like the Basic Bike Network or the Eastside Rail Corridor
- Complete a tactic during the course and present their project to the class during the graduation celebration
- Supportive environment to learn more about bicycling advocacy
- Weekly readings and event listings in between the retreats
- The opportunity to connect with elected officials, city planners and community organizers
- Breakfast and lunch provided during the retreat
- Alumni network of ALI participants
Thanks for your interest in Cascade's Advocacy Leadership Institute. Since 2011 we've been working with inspiring bicycling advocates and enthusiasts and have helped them become effective community leaders. Please fill out the application below to the best of your ability. Please try to limit your answers to 250 words or fewer. If you have any questions, please contact Kelli Refer at [email protected].
Cascade Bicycle Club