Passionate about kids and bikes? Come work for us!
Cascade Bicycle Club is currently looking to hire a new Youth Programs Manager, someone who develops and manages creative and fun youth bicycle programs with specific focus on building healthy habits in youth and getting kids excited about bicycling.
Current programs serve more than 20,000 students per year, and the Youth Programs Manager will work with Cascade staff, volunteers and community partners to further Cascade’s goal of getting more people riding bikes.
The individual in this position will:
- Develop, manage and expand in-school, after-school and summer camp road and mountain bike programs.
- Develop, manage and expand kids’ events, assemblies and safety rodeos.
- Integrate youth programming with Safe Routes to School ideas and expand school policy work.
- Develop and strengthen cross-program and cross-department collaboration in family, youth and high school programming, such as in Major Taylor High School Clubs, family programs or youth rides and Bike Month.
- Write and edit curriculum materials and design teacher trainings.
- Teach programs, trainings and classes as appropriate.
- Hire, train and supervise youth program staff, AmeriCorps member and instructors.
- Supervise volunteer recruitment in areas such as ride and trip leaders, maintenance volunteers, parent and youth advocates.
- Participate in long-range strategic planning, budgeting, identifying/cultivating individual donors, fundraising activities and expanding youth and family membership in collaboration with Education Director, Development Department and other staff.
- Maintain records and oversee evaluation of youth programs.
- Collaborate with other local organizations on kids’ programs as appropriate.
- Ensure diversity and equity in programming.
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references (no more than four pages long) all in a single PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention how you heard about the position.
Applications are due Thursday, Sept 5, 2013.