Take a Kid MTB Day 2012: a sunny success
This year’s event included lots of trail riding, an obstacle course for the little ones, music, a barbecue, prizes and a spectacular jump show by local and pro riders.
“The jump show was amazing,” raved Kat Sweet, Cascade’s Youth Program Manager. “Pro rider Phil Sundbaum was throwing huge x-up back flips along with local shredders, Travis Erikson, Jon Steinbis and our Cascade Dirt Camp coaches and junior mentors.”
With not even as much as a threat of rain in the weather forecast, the event drew 180 kids, 80 parents and 40 volunteers.
“I want to thank all of the amazing people dedicated to our sport who came out to support the future generations of shredders,” said Sweet.
Special thanks go to:
- Evergreen Bike Alliance – for being our partner, helping with marketing, donating volunteers and fun swag for the raffle.
- Gregg’s Cycles for donating the food for the bbq and doing mechanical work
- Bicycles West for donating four $25 gift cards, Kali protective gear, and five helmets
- Nutcase for donating the Little Nutty Helmets
- REI for donating packs, inner tubes, socks, and fun swag
- Gravity for donating a fancy stem
- Redline for donating a racy red Roam bmx bike
- Gerks for throwing in some nice pumps, too