Chilly Hilly Ride Details
Cost: $20 - $55 Rider limit: 5,000
Start Line Information
Official ferry times: 7:55, 8:45, 9:40 and 10:35 a.m.
*Be in line 15 minutes prior to your desired ferry. The 7:55 ferry is the most crowded. If you do not like crowds, please choose another ferry time.
Packet Pickup/ Registration:
Open: 7-10 a.m.
1201 1st Ave. S map
Want to head straight to the ferry? Be sure to register by Wednesday, Feb. 17, so your packet can be mailed. Please adhere to the four official Chilly Hilly ferry times. All other ferries will be an additional charge.
- From I-5 (N or S) take exit 164 Edgar Martinez Blvd, Turn RIGHT onto 1st Avenue S and Pyramid Alehouse is on your left.
- From I-99 S exit Atlantic Street and head South onto Atlantic/1st Avenue S
There is free street parking, pay lots and garages surrounding Pyramid Alehouse. Please pay attention to posted signage and pay stations.
Packet Pickup/ Registration:
Open: 7:30- 10:30 a.m.
B.I. Cycle Shop
124 Bjune Dr SE
Bainbridge Island, WA
*Route and services officially open at 8 a.m., registration/packets will not be available until 7:30 a.m.
- From the Kitsap: Hwy 305 S to Winslow Way, turn RIGHT on Winslow Way, LEFT on Bjune
- From the Ferry: Turn LEFT on Winslow Way, LEFT on Bjune
do not park on brien dr. in winslow — this is the finish line location.
Suggested items to bring:
- Helmet (required!)
- Layered and warm cycling clothing (expecially if you are waiting in line at the ferry)
- Rain gear
- Patch kit, spare tube, pump and tools
- Cash for emergencies and goodies (groups may be selling goodies on route and/or taking donations)
Open: 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
On Brien Drive in front of the senior center
For those of you returning to Seattle your fare is round-trip, so enjoy the finish line festival and return on whichever boat you choose. Check Washington State Department of Transportation's sailing schedule online for updated ferry times.
Chili Feed — Bainbridge Island community group will be hosting a chili feed. Chili is available at an additional cost and not sponsored by Cascade Bicycle Club. 100 percent of proceeds go to the organizing local Bainbridge non-profit or club. This year you can buy your bowl in advance! No cash needed at the finish and Cascade will cover $1 per bowl if you buy ahead of time. Chili is $8 day of, event, cash only. Vegetarian options are available.
Crush Kids' Cancer (CKC) — CKC cycling team is in its 6th year of supporting groundbreaking research at Seattle Children's Hospital. Great friends, great gear, great support — ride bikes to save lives with Crush Kids' Cancer! Drop by after Chilly Hilly to get some amazing Theo hot chocolate, to learn more, join the team or just say hi!
JL Velo — JL Velo produces uncompromised custom cycle wear all in Santa Ana, CA. We have low minimums, custom sizing, team stores, and everything is made sustainably with green technology.
Living Well Chiropractic and Massage — Pain relief treatments and massage will be available.
Outdoors for All Foundation — Outdoors for All is dedicated to enriching the lives of children and adults with disabilities through outdoor recreation. It is the largest provider of adaptive outdoor recreation programs in the Northwest, serving over 2,400 individuals annually through adaptive cycling, rock climbing, kayaking, cross country skiing, downhill skiing and snowboarding, and snow shoeing thanks to the support of 700 dedicated volunteers.
Island Cooperative School — Island Cooperative School will be hosting a raffle, raffle ticket sales will support the Island Cooperative Preschool.
Poulsbo North Kitsap Rotary - Viking Tour — The Viking Tour is a fundraising event for the Poulsbo North Kitsap Rotary Foundation. It includes a 65 mile metric century, 35 mile half century and 5 mile family fun ride. Live music, food and a beer garden await the finishers. The 2015 event raised over $15,000 with funds going back into the North Kitsap community in the form of community, youth and international grants, funding for housing for domestic violence victims/survivors and educational scholarships.
Bainbridge Island Police Department — Literature, police related handouts, and a display patrol car.
Puget Sound Energy Green Power — When you sign up for Green Power, Puget Sound Energy buys electricity from independent clean-energy producers right here in our region. These businesses generate electricity from wind, sun, biogas and other renewable sources. Green Power adds this electricity to the grid, which offsets some or all of the conventional power you use each month. Your Green Power participation helps our regional economy as well as our environment.
Attain Housing — Information on the Evergreen 7 HIlls of Kirkland Cycle to End Homelessness ride on May 30, 2016 in Kirkland.
- Pyramid Alehouse invites you to celebrate a great ride with happy hour pricing from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. day of event. Grab a cold beer and warm food for a job well done!
- Bainbridge Island Brewing will be opening early at 11 a.m. and will be open until 7 p.m.. Riders who present their Chilly Hilly bib get $1 off all pints and schooners and 10% off Bainbridge Brewing bike jerseys all day long. For non-beer drinkers they also serve several NW ciders and non-alchoholic drinks, as well as smoked salmon, smoked cheeses, and other snacks. Peninsula Pies will also be out front with woodfire pizza. All ages are allowed in the taproom, and there is plenty of room outside for bikes!
- That’s A Some Pizza, 488 Winslow Way E, 206-842-2292 : Chilly Hilly Special – 2 slices of pizza and beer for $10. Owned and operated by the Lawrence-Grant family, they have been making and delivering pizzas in this location since August 7, 1984. From day one they have used a 100 year old Klondike gold rush sourdough starter to give their customers what they think is the best crust possible! Right downtown in Winslow, close to the ferry.