What to expect from RAW
For those unfamiliar with RAW, it’s a week-long camping tour. But know this: we really camp in style. All your luggage and camp gear is carried by our gear trucks. Riders are provided with three nutritious meals per day. Hot breakfasts and dinners are served in camp, and lunches are served at scenic lunch stops along the way. A deluxe hot shower truck follows us to every campsite. Due to our low number of riders, we never have long lines for anything during the week, plus we can offer much better campsite venues than most large tours!
Download the 2014 RAW Ride Guide for more detailed information.
What to expect from Ride Around Washington
- Pre-arranged, safe camping venues.
- Hardy, hot breakfasts and suppers, and prepared lunches to be given out on the road are provided by Ok's Cascade Kitchen crew for the 15th year in a row. Interesting and flavorful vegetarian fare can be provided if requested on your registration form. Vegans may take what they can, but are advised to pack their own victuals; refrigeration will be provided for marked containers.
- OK’s also provides the best hot (or cold if you like) showers you’re likely to ever have on a bike tour. No long lines on RAW. There is never a a long shower line on RAW!
- A professional on-road support team providing outstanding support during the ride. We offer at least three set stops per day: mid-morning and mid afternoon snack stops in additional to the lunch stop.
- Mechanical support is provided. The labor is free, parts are at retail.
- Your baggage is transported for you, waiting to be picked up when you arrive at the next venue. Note: You must load your own bag each morning
- Cool morning clothing, warmers and jackets, can be jettisoned at water stops to be picked up in camp.
- The RAW peloton, limited to 250, affords the opportunity for you to meet someone who rides like you, as well as to get to know some who don’t. You won’t feel lost in a crowd and you'll make friendships that will last a lifetime. There is a reason we get over 50% returning riders every year on RAW.
- From afar? You can pre-pay through UPS and ship your bike to Cascade. Pre-paid/COD returns will be picked up. The RAW mechanic will put your bike together for you and help you pack it up to ship back, too.
- Optional LIMITED transportation for you and your bike is available from Seattle to Eastern Washington and back on August 3 and 10, respectively. We need your reservation by March 1 for a guaranteed spot on the bus; after March 1, transportation is offered on a space-available basis.
- RAW’s overnight venues are predominantly at County Parks, schools, fairgrounds and State Parks. Other venues and parks are used if they are located where needed and meet RAW’s needs. Some venues are alcohol free (schools etc).
- Brief daily early-evening meetings will be held to discuss the following day’s route and any and all concerns. Committee members and RAW volunteers can be approached anytime with any question or concern you may have. RAW is a little better every year because of rider comments and suggestions. Don’t be shy.
- Each evening riders are free to relax, “schmooze,” partake of offered activities or explore the local area. Expect fun nightly entertainment and theme events such as New Belgium Brewery Happy Hour, Wine Tasting's, Raw Limerick contest, decorate your helmet and other fun stuff. We also feature informative and entertaining talks by local presenters. On RAW’s penultimate night the annual “RAW Awards” will be given. You may find yourself recognized for something you didn’t even know you did. Don’t worry, though. Except for flats, only the positive is accentuated.
- Hot showers at the end of a ride are a wonderful thing!
- Event Corps mobile kitchen ready to serve up a fabulous dinner!