GeaRS CTS - March 16, 2014
Sun. Mar 16, 2014 10:00am to 12:30pm
Are you new to Cascade's events and rides? Join us for our Group Riding Skills class and learn how to ride safely within a group. The course covers basic riding techniques such as lane positioning, scanning to the rear and communication with other riders.
- Learn and practice specific bike handling techniques
- Group riding etiquette and safety
- Experience group riding through a guided ride with Cascade instructors
- passing on the left
- passing through intersections as a group
- signals and communications
- spacing for down-hill travel and climbing
Duration: 2.5 hours (1 hours classroom time, 1.5 hours on bike) Pre-requisites: Must be able to ride a bike, including some knowledge of shifting and braking.
How to prepare: Bring your bike and helmet. Dress for the weather. We will be riding for part of the class. Bring your lunch if you plan to stay for the afternoon session of Fix a Flat.
Location: Cascade Bicycle Club, 7400 Sand Point Way NE, Ste 101S, Seattle, WA 98115. We are located right off of the Burke Gilman Trail at Magnuson Park.
Bike Parking: Bike racks available outside the building as well as limited indoor space.