May is Bike Month: Go Anywhere!
Join Cascade Bicycle Club in celebrating Bike Month this May! The best way to celebrate Bike Month is simply to get on a bike: ride to work, ride to the grocery store or just ride for the sheer joy of being outside soaking up the spring weather.
You can do it!
Whether you're a veteran cyclist, returning after a break from the bike or a brand new rider, Bike Month is the best time of the year to get in the saddle. If bicycle commuting is new to you, our Commute Challenge is a great program to get you started. Form a team with friends or coworkers and log your trips online for prizes and pride.
Spring is for new beginnings. Take that bike out of the basement and wipe off the cobwebs or give your bike some love after months of winter riding. Here's how to get you and your ride ready for Bike Month fun:
- Get your bike in shape at Cascade’s free Dust Off Days maintenance event April 26
- Use Cascade’s online employer toolkit to plan Bike Month celebrations at your workplace
- Form a team and register for the Commute Challenge online trip-tracking contest
- Attend a free commuting class, visit an energizer station and go on a free Cascade group ride
Bike month activities
Here are just a few of the activities and contests Cascade has planned for Bike Month:
All May long
- Participate in the Commute Challenge with your coworkers and friends
- Attend weekly bike happy hours throughout the city
- Bike to work, school, your local coffee shop, the farmers market, the library, the playground, and to meet friends
- The fun continues online with Cascade social media contests. Follow the fun and connect with other bicycle riders on Twitter with #BikeMonth.
Do you want to keep the momentum and excitement of Bike Month going year round? Join the largest bike club in the country, and make your voice heard!