Host your own Bike Everywhere Day Celebration Station
Bike Everywhere Day is a huge community event, put on largely by volunteer station hosts like you! A DIY (do-it-yourself) Celebration Station is a simple and fun way to support and celebrate bicyclists in your community. You bring creativity and excitement. Cascade Bicycle Club provides some simple guidelines, some giveaways, and a basic DIY toolkit. Together, we're improving lives through bicycling!
To register your station, please fill out this online form and email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You cannot sell anything.
- No alcohol onsite.
- Your station can't block automobile, bicycle, or pedestrian traffic.
- Cyclists need to be able to pull over safely to your station.
Step by Step Instructions:
1. Pick a spot. Chose a great location where you regularly see cyclists. Your station should allow for safe access: don't block sidewalks, trails or traffic. Make sure cyclists can cyclists can pull over safely to visit your station.
2. Come up with some creative ideas to make your booth engaging. Have fun with it! Some sample ideas:
- Ask a local store to donate cupcakes.
- Play a bike-related game.
- Create a map of visiting cyclists and their routes.
- Sign a thank you note to your elected officials.
3. Contact Cascade Bicycle Club. To sign up, register your Celebration Station to our interactive map, or ask questions, contact email@example.com.
4. Promote your station. We'll list all Celebration Stations on our website, but it's important to reach out to your community as well. Alert your neighborhood blog, invite your neighbors to roll by and post our downloadable flyer (coming soon) in local businesses.
5. Share your success. Let us know how it went with photos, data or feedback. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Keep a tally of how many people come by your station.
- Take photos of your station
- Collect stories, quotes and memories of the day
6. Join us. You are clearly committed to both bicycling and your community. So is Cascade Bicycle Club. We invite you to join Cascade in creating better communities through bicycling.
- Downloadable Bike Everywhere Month poster and flyer (coming soon)
- Materials: Limited supplies of basic materials (such as local bike maps) are available from the Cascade Bicycle Club office in Magnuson Park (Mon-Fri, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. only)