Personal Support Vehicles
Driving directions for personal support vehicles (PSVs)
STP riders are well-supported with plenty of food and mechanical support and DO NOT NEED a PSV. Despite this fact, we continue to see an excessive number of PSVs on the cycling route, leading to unsafe and unpleasant riding conditions.
In an effort to ensure the well-being and enjoyment for everyone we ask all car drivers meeting riders to please use the following alternate routes to the six major food stops. The STP route is great for cyclists, not cars. Your cooperation will be greatly appreciated.
- Mile mark 24 – REI Food Stop in Kent. From I-5 take the SR-405 exit heading east. Then take the SR-181 (West Valley Hwy) heading south. You are now on the STP course so be careful. The REI Mini-stop will be 4 miles ahead on your right at 228th and W. Valley Hwy.
- Mile mark 53 – Food Stop at Spanaway Junior High. From I-5 just past Tacoma take the SR-512 exit following this east to Hwy 7. Take the Hwy 7 exit and head south on Hwy 7 for 3 miles, then take a left on 159th St. S. The Spanaway Junior High will be two blocks ahead on your left.
- Mile mark 100 – Centralia College Mid-Point Stop in Centralia. From I-5 take exit 82 and then take a left going back under I-5. Follow Harrison Avenue when it jogs to the left and becomes W. Main Street. Go four blocks and turn right on S. Washington Ave. Go one block and the College will be on your left. (Note: This is a food stop for the One Day Riders Only.)
- Mile mark 143 – Riverside Park Food Stop in Lexington. From I-5 take exit 39 and head west to SR-411 and take a right heading north on SR-411. The entrance to the park will be on your right (it is easy to miss). When leaving this location head back to I-5. DO NOT follow the riders over the Lewis and Clark Bridge.
- Mile mark 172 – St. Helens High School Food Stop. From I-5 after you enter Oregon and before downtown Portland take the Hwy 30 exit and head west on Hwy 30 for 29 miles to St. Helens. Take a left on Gale St. to get to the High School. When returning you will backtrack on Hwy 30 to I-5. DO NOT follow the riders' route.
- Mile mark 202 – Finish Line Festival at Holladay Park in northeast Portland, next to Lloyd Center. From I-5 southbound or northbound, take Exit #302-A (City Center/Rose Quarter). Follow the exit to NE Weidler St. and head east. Continue to NE 9th Ave., and take a right. Then take a left on Multnomah St. The finish line in Holladay Park will be on your right between NE 11th and 13th Ave., just south of Lloyd Center. There are many public parking lots in the area for the local businesses and some require a parking fee.