On Saturday morning at the start line between 4:30 - 7:15 a.m. you will find trucks to carry your gear down the route. Limit baggage to TWO small (20 lb. max), distinctively colored bags (one can be bundled sleeping bag and tent). Do not pack breakables or any valuables. Cascade Bicycle Club is not responsible for any damaged, lost or stolen luggage. Since your gear may be out in the rain when it is unloaded, it is helpful to put your clothing inside a plastic bag before packing. We can transport bike boxes to the finish line but you must buy a $20 bike box shipping ticket through the registration form or at packet pickup.
Before leaving home
- Detach the official Group health STP baggage tags from your number bib, fill out the blanks and securely attach to your baggage.
- Pin on your bib number.
- Attach your adhesive helmet number to the front of your helmet.
- Affix the cardboard bike number to the front of your bike. The photographers on the route need your rider number on the front in order to match you with your pictures.
SPECIAL Friday night early bag check
if you need to drop you bag(s), bike or bike box at the start line on Friday night, will be accepting bags and bikes on Friday from 6 - 10 p.m. at the Start Line in south part of the E1 parking lot. Cost is $5 per bike and $5 for bags – maximum of 2 bags per rider. Bags must have STP luggage tags attached and bikes must have STP bike numbers attached. Both are included in your rider packet. Bags will be loaded on the appropriate luggage truck for you on Saturday morning. Bikes will be available for pickup from 4:30 to 7 am Saturday. Note: Bags can be dropped for FREE on Saturday morning from 4:30 a.m. to 7:15 a.m.
At the start line
Saturday morning from 4:30 a.m. to 7:15 a.m. you are responsible for placing your gear into the truck or pile labeled for your destination.
On day two (Sunday)
Place your gear aboard the truck at any of the designated pickup sites by the time listed. (See schedule below for times and locations.) All riders must pick up their baggage from the finish line bag corral located in the DoubleTree Hotel Expo room just west of the finish line. If you do not finish the ride, your baggage will be sent to lost and found at the Cascade Bicycle Club in Seattle.
Trucks are labeled by the drop location in bold. Times and distances are approximate. Please know in advance which drop location is closest to your mid point housing.
- Leave University of Washington 8:00 a.m.
- Arrive in Centralia – midpoint at Centralia College (100 miles) - 12:00 noon
- Arrive in Chehalis - Recreation Park (105 miles) - 12:00 noon
- Arrive in Napavine - School (115 miles) - 12:30 p.m.
- Arrive at Bethel Church - Chehalis (110 miles) - 12:30 p.m.
- Arrive in Winlock – Elementary then High School (121 miles) - 12:30 p.m.
- Arrive in Toledo - High School (123 miles) - 12:30 p.m.
- Arrive in Vader - Assembly of God Church (124 miles) - 1:30 p.m.
- Arrive in Castle Rock - Castle Rock High School (134 miles) - 1:00 p.m.
- Arrive in Kelso - Best Western Hotel (150 miles) - 2:30 p.m.
- Baggage for one-day riders - Arrive in Portland - Finish line hotel at Holladay Park - 2:00 p.m.
- Leave Centralia – Centralia College - 8:00 a.m.
- Leave Chehalis - Recreation Park & Bethel Church - 8:00 a.m.
- Leave Bethel Church - Chehalis - 8:00 a.m.
- Leave Napavine - School - 8:00 am.
- Leave Winlock - Elementary then High School - 8:00 a.m.
- Leave Toledo - High School - 9:00 a.m.
- Leave Vader - Assembly of God Church - 8:30 a.m.
- Leave Castle Rock - High School Gym - 8:00 a.m.
- Leave Kelso - Best Western Hotel - 8:00 a.m.
- Arrive in Portland - Finish line hotel at Holladay Park - by 1:00 p.m.