Group Health STP provides trucks to carry your gear down the route. Limit baggage to a light (20 lbs.) and small, distinctively colored bag; sleeping bag and tent. Do not pack breakables or any valuables. Cascade Bicycle Club is not responsible for any damaged, lost or stolen luggage. Since your gear may be out in the rain when it is unloaded, it is helpful to put your clothing inside a plastic bag before packing.
Before You Leave Home
- Detach the official Group health STP baggage tag from your number bib, fill out the blanks and securely attach to your baggage.
- Pin on your bib number.
- Attach your adhesive helmet number to the front of your helmet.
- Affix the cardboard bike number to the front of your bike.
- Note: The photographers on the route need your rider number on the front in order to match you with your pictures.
NEW Friday Night Bag Check: If you need to drop you bag(s) at the start line on Friday night, the UW Cycling Team will be accepting bags and bikes on Friday from 6 to 10 p.m. at the Start Line in south part of the E1 parking lot. Cost is $5 per bike or $5 for bags maximum of 2 bags per rider. Bags must have STP luggage tags attached and bikes must have STP bike numbers attached. Both are included in your rider packet.
You are responsible for placing your gear into the truck or pile labeled for your destination.
Starting Day Two - Sunday
Place your gear aboard the truck at any of the designated pickup sites by the time listed. (See schedule below for times and locations.) If you do not finish the ride, your baggage will be sent to lost and found at the Cascade Bicycle Club in Seattle.
Times and distances are approximate.
- Leave University of Washington 8:00 a.m.
- Arrive in Centralia Midpoint at Centralia College (100 miles) - 12:00 noon
- Arrive in Chehalis - Recreation Park (109 miles) - 12:00 noon
- Arrive in Napavine - School (115 miles) - 12:30 p.m.
- Arrive in Chehalis - Bethel Church (110 miles) - 12:30 p.m.
- Arrive in Winlock Elementary then High School (121 miles) - 12:30 p.m.
- Arrive in Toledo - High School (123 miles) - 12:00 noon
- Arrive in Vader - Assembly of God Church (124 miles) - 1:30 p.m.
- Arrive in Castle Rock - Castle Rock High School (134 miles) - 12:30 p.m.
- Arrive in Kelso - Best Western Hotel (150 miles) - 3:00 p.m.
- Baggage for one-day riders - Arrive in Portland - Holladay Park (204 miles) - 2:00 p.m.
- Leave Centralia Centralia College - 8:00 a.m.
- Leave Chehalis - Recreation Park & Bethel Church - 8:00 a.m.
- Leave Chehalis - Bethel Church - 8:00 a.m.
- Leave Napavine - School - 8:00 am.
- Leave Winlock - Elementary then High School - 8:00 a.m.
- Leave Toledo - High School - 9:00 a.m.
- Leave Vader - Assembly of God Church - 8:30 a.m.
- Leave Castle Rock - High School Gym - 8:00 a.m.
- Leave Kelso - Best Western Hotel - 8:00 a.m.
- Arrive in Portland - Holladay Park - by 1:00 p.m.
Free Camping locations:
- Centralia College - Centralia Baggage Truck
- Centralia Washington Park - Centralia Baggage Truck
- Chehalis Recreation Park - Chehalis Baggage Truck
- Chehalis Stan Hedwall Park - Chehalis Baggage Truck